PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Thinking of getting an Alpha-Trading my new H3 Lux

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Default Thinking of getting an Alpha-Trading my new H3 Lux

Ok, been doing a lot of checking......probably should of bought what I wanted the first time around. Of course all of you know that I have my H3 now. The dealership will buy my truck for the dealer buyout, no questions asked. They will offer me the Alpha for invoice, minus the available rebates, and sell it to me for that price. Is that good???
Also the Alpha is equipped with the Off Road Package. I want to know if the Off Road Package makes a night and day difference in the way the H3's handle? I know the v8 will make a big difference anyways.....also do these have the steering shaft issue as well, or is that just the 5 cylinders? All info would be great!!!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Default RE: Thinking of getting an Alpha-Trading my new H3 Lux

will they charge you vehicle usage fee? Meaning, will they take in your car at full msrp value or your car minus depreciation ? Have you driven the alpha yet...adventure is noticeable on off road conditions mainly. although the larger tires are somewhat rougher on streets... negligible though

Old 01-11-2008, 07:01 PM

I don't have hardly any miles on mine....a little over 500, so no usage fee........at least that is what they said......this isn't the same dealer where I bought this hummer at.......so if everything they say is true then I think it's a pretty good deal....what is your opinion?

Old 01-11-2008, 07:03 PM

Actually, my Alpha with off roadcompared to the one I test drove without off road is a bit smoother and handling is the same. Now, my Alpha compared to the base '08 I5 I drove as a loaner for two dayswas very much smoother and more solid feeling. I was honestly disappointed in the base model and would not have bought it had it been the model I first tested. I'm absolutely not slamming the base because it's awesome for the price it's just not what I was in the market for when I was shopping. If you go back in this section and read my detailed comparison of my experience driving ang contrasting the twoyou'll see I was lucky enough to be able to drive both enough to know I'd made the right choice for me.

Best of luck.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 PM

Patches,
I love the looks of yours......especially the wheels...plus black soooo pretty when it's clean. Let me see if I can find that thread!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

I have driven the 06H3 and 07H3. I bought the 08 H3 Alpha and didn't think there was any comparison. There are some with different opinions of course but my own is that I would go for the Alpha. The mileage on the Alpha isn't quite what the I5 gets but I think its worth it.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:20 PM

After you drive and experience both, The Alpha is the only way to go!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:05 AM

Solarflare, it seems through most of threads talking Alpha vs. I5 that people would go for the I5 if they could afford it, or simply didn't mind the extra $. Like you said, get what will make you happy. It sounds like the dealer is offering you a good deal.

95% of the members here are simply stoked with what they have, whether it's an I5 or Alpha. The other 5% are probably stoked too, I just rounded the number to a safe guess. Just because I would probably like the Alpha doesn't mean I need to have it or having any regrets about having my 3.7L.

I guess the really important question for you is: Can you get the same color? Or are you going to change your screen name?
[/align]

Old 01-12-2008, 01:13 PM

alrock...

Well the only reason I was looking to get out of this one, is because of the hassle I have had with the steering shaft. Quirk's attempted to fix it, but used another old steering shaft which made it worse. When I called them back they said they washed their hands of the deal. When I called my Hummer dealer, the service advisor for Hummer went up on side of me and down the other....a mister know it all...and he said there was no such TSB for the steering shaft. So it looks like I'm gonna have a good fight on my hands. I just didn't want to have to deal with "fixes" with only 500 miles on the odometer. I run my own business and just don't have time to deal with stuff like that. I had to call Hummer CA and explain the whole situation to them. So out of frustration that is why I was looking at trading up.
I just got off the phone with the other Hummer dealer that was out of state.....but the deal isn't as sweet as I first thought. With only 500 miles......they lost $10K off the top.....so I would have to come up with that figure to make it work.....The days of when you only lost between $2-3K when you drove the new car off the lot, is no longer........Now it's $10K!!! Ouch!!!! and I bought my Hummer right. Way under invoice, plus taking the rebates off that price......so I will have to wait till my lease is up and then I'll know exactly what I will want. I can't afford that !!!!!!

Old 01-12-2008, 02:08 PM

There is a TSB for the steering shaft fix for the 07s. I have not heard that the 08s had the same problem. Have you tried to go to another dealer for the steering fix, my service manager just looked at my old steering shaft and new it was the defective one. They showed me the new part it is larger than the problematic one. If you do a search on this site you'll find the part number for the new shaft and the TSB number.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting an Alpha-Trading my new H3 Lux