PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Thinking of buying a 2005 h2 and looking for some input

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Default Thinking of buying a 2005 h2 and looking for some input

I had to fix my friends h2. The wire that is on the shifter came loose and wouldn't come out of park. Easy fix no big. I had it at my house for a few days so my wife has been driving it and loves it. It has a small pop in the steering wheel here and there but I think it's and easy fix. I notice the air pump turns on with the key 3 out of 5 times, leaking shock maybe? It has 40,000 miles and runs 100% perfect. Slam loaded with every feature, sunroof , brand new tires blah blah.

I am looking for some real input about the good and bad. All input will be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Jody

Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM

Dos the rear suspension lower in a few hours ? if yes, airbags need to be replaced. dont waith... compressor 1500$ djob

Old 12-15-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chief qc
Dos the rear suspension lower in a few hours ? if yes, airbags need to be replaced. dont waith... compressor 1500$ djob
Over night it seems as though the right rear is slightly lower than the left

Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 PM

We love our H2--we have an SUV and my wife has been talking about getting her own SUT to drive!
Granted, they don't sip gas, that may be the only downfall of this beast. Ours has the air ride suspension and the compressor usually cycles on when we start it--we got it at 23K miles and while talking to my service manager, he said thats what they do. It doesn't look like it settles overnight or even sitting for a few days, it just "adjusts" itself.
We traded our H3 for the 2 as we have three daughters and needed much more room for long road trips. One of the girls climbs in the way far back seat while the other two spread out in the middle seat area. We have the dual DVD players and road trips are very quiet for the most part now.
We got the 2 to pull a travel trailer, and while it's not the perfect tool for the job, it gets it done, and in style.
Overall extremely happy with the deuce and it makes me smile each time I drive it.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
We love our H2--we have an SUV and my wife has been talking about getting her own SUT to drive!
Granted, they don't sip gas, that may be the only downfall of this beast. Ours has the air ride suspension and the compressor usually cycles on when we start it--we got it at 23K miles and while talking to my service manager, he said thats what they do. It doesn't look like it settles overnight or even sitting for a few days, it just "adjusts" itself.
We traded our H3 for the 2 as we have three daughters and needed much more room for long road trips. One of the girls climbs in the way far back seat while the other two spread out in the middle seat area. We have the dual DVD players and road trips are very quiet for the most part now.
We got the 2 to pull a travel trailer, and while it's not the perfect tool for the job, it gets it done, and in style.
Overall extremely happy with the deuce and it makes me smile each time I drive it.

Too cool! The only thing we have to pull is a 23 foot boat and it has its own brakes. I also have an 03 excursion 4x4 that will pull a house down and getting 9mpg while doing it so to me the h2 isn't so bad on gas. I just can't bring myself to sell the beast (excursion) just yet. Maybe the h2 doesn't lean in the mornings like I thought. I parked it with the tires turned and had the suspension in a bind so it seemed to be leaning.

Well I bought it over the week end and have a clear title. So far the wife and kids love it.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 AM

Love my 06 H2...as far as air suspension you can always do away with it...go on eBay lots of kits to do away with the air suspension...

Old 12-21-2012, 10:39 PM

I haven't had mine too long (3 months) and already have purchased Duratrac tires, Gobi roof rack and Bilstein shocks. It is my daily driver and I love it, but the potential add-ons can get expensive. Here are my three suggestions that are cheap and rewarding (1) Lexol all leather (cleaner and conditioner). Spend a few hours just on this and you won't be disappointed! (2) use Mequiars Ultimate Black on ALL exterior black/grey plastic. It made such a huge difference in the appearance and (3) Hand wax the rig with a quality cleaner and wax. Do this yourself! This will be a great opportunity to get to know your H2 better.

OK.... one more suggestion. Spend time on this site! I have learned tips and tricks that I never knew existed, especially on maintenance, quirks and (honestly) things I didn't know about my H2 i.e. folding side view mirrors and how to operate them. Yea, yea I felt stupid but hey, I still have cool mirrors at the end of the day!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:14 AM

The popping sound you heard when steering is more than likely the front wheelbearing going toast Are the front tires cupped at all?