PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Thinking about buying

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Banned

Look above, I forgot a few things on the Alphas and Advent Pack lines.

But if you are a good driver and dont think you need lockers (I know I sure the hell dont).. grab yourself a regular h3. If you think someday you will really need those front/rear lockers, grab the advent pack. Just be warned, the tcs and stab-sys on the regular h3 are INCREDIBLE, and they really do a whole lot as far as maintaining similar axle wheel-speed. They are not like traditional open-diffs.

If you have any more questions, ask.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:35 PM

well the toyota dealer called me today and said they just got in a '06 beige H3, 60k miles, leather, moon roof, so i'm guessing luxury package. They didn't have a price on it yet, they literally just got it when the guy called me, haven't even detailed it yet. I'm supposed to go check it out tomorrow, take it for drive and maybe see what we can do on it.

What do you guys think i should offer? i drove by and looked at it really quick and the body looked good, like it was well taken care of, didn't get to look inside but the dealer said it was really clean.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Need a better description of options and condition. It will be interesting to see what price they put on it. Get the VIN and have a Hummer dealer run the service history on it. See if the truck needed/had the head replacement done.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 PM

Just reminding you of what Tram said earlier "Any vin lower than 287591 is in the no-no zone"

Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 PM

I'm definatly going to check out the vin. As far as description thats about all i have right now, he just told me about 60k miles, leather, moon roof, and that it was in very good condition. I'll get more info on it tomorrow of course. I think the only way i'll go with the '06 is if i get a really good deal on it, if not then i have no problem waiting for a '07 or '08 to come along. I did find an '08 out in dallas for $19,999 with 40k miles, still waiting to hear back if they still have it though.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:00 AM

Well i found a '07 H3 with a manual trans, 41k miles, its white with black cloth interior. They are asking $19.9, i was thinking about maybe trying to get them down to about $18 and see what we can do there.

Do any of you guys have a H3 with the manual trans? how do they drive? how are the clutches in these things? I just drove a '07 FJ 4wd with 6" lift and the 6 speed trans yesterday and loved it, so right now its between this H3 and another FJ... its a tough one....

Old 08-25-2010, 09:53 AM

I would get an 06 if the head issue had already been taken care of. It would depend on the price really. If I was going to pick up another though, knowing what I know now, I would get an alpha adventure. The difference is night and day driving.
If you put 35's on it and crank the bars, your not going to get anywhere near 22 mpg like whoever claimed they do. 15-18 is the norm on these, If gm thought they could get 22mpg out of them they would have.

Any of the 3 engines will tow fine, freeway speed is where the I5 lacks. I hate having to floor it to climb a mountain, but I didn't buy it for speed. They are alot of fun off road, if you set it up right. If you do alot of offroading I would probably get a Rubi, far more parts availability, and cheaper. The 3 has far more creature comforts.

Although I realy like the looks of the FJ, the frame cracking issue will keep me from ever buying one. I don't know where all that famed toyota quality has gone lately.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned

FJ's are terrible offroad. At least compared to a HUMMER.

With that being said, offroading with a 5spd really, and I mean really, sucks man. Get ready to buy new clutches if you do lots of low-speed offroading (trails/hill climbs/rocks). Auto's rule when it comes to offroading.

As far as mileage with the 5spd, I know a lot of people that get 22-23mpg highway STOCK which is awesome.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 PM

Sure, apparently gm doesn't know the fuel mileage of their own vehicle. Not like they wouldn't have advertised as having the best fuel mileage in its class if they could have.

Fj's are not terrible off road, that is a bunch of crap. Just like your invincible go anywhere on stock tires stories.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

I know a number of guys with the 5 speed in the H3. While not something I want they all love it. I know Craig has over 60K on his original clutch and he wheels his 5speed H3 regularly. I agree on the 06, if the head replacement has been done I wouldn't have an issue getting it.

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying