PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Things needed on my H3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Things needed on my H3!!!

I think everyone is dancing around the same theme...that GM should offer the H3 with the options that we all put on them to wheel them. I think most would agree that GM should offer us a lot more OEM off road performance options ( front and rear lockers, UCP, dual beadlocks, off road tire options, off road light packages, roof racks,etc ) I didn't view this as a Jeep vs Hummer thing at all. Amstar started a program for Hummer awhile back and created a package option called the WR ( Wilderness Ready ) that was basically a check box off road ready option package. They built a really cool prototype that was 85% of what you would want, toured it around and GM never offered it as an option. It died about 2 years ago as a great concept that never gained traction in a corporate bean counter dominated company. What the bean counters don't understand is that they would sell more H3s if they had a knock your socks off reputation off road. 85% of the people wouldn't order them that way or drive them that way but they would have the vehicle that " could ". I love the 3 off road and have added many of the items that I think GM should already offer in an off road package. Hopefully with the H3T and HX GM/Hummer is in the process of pulling their head out of the sand.