PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Things needed on my H3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Default RE: Things needed on my H3!!!

Seriously, I don't want to be a DIK, but pretty much ALL this stuff is on The ESCALADE!!!!

But we got HUMMERS!!!! Which is WAY BETTER anyways!!!

Old 05-11-2008, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Seriously, I don't want to be a DIK, but pretty much ALL this stuff is on The ESCALADE!!!!

But we got HUMMERS!!!! Which is WAY BETTER anyways!!!
Not the stuff I want Bob-O...Except maybe the kittens. All of the stuff I want can only be found on "old" 4x4's, Jeep Rubicons and some Land Rovers. The H3 is a mixture of a real 4x4 and soccer mommy mobile. As soon as we can get GM to understand thecold hardfacts that Chrysler learned the hard way with Jeep then things will change for the better. In case you're wondering what I'm talking aboot, eh? Back in the dinosaur days, 1987, Jeep thought they would redesign their CJ and call it a Wrangler YJ. Jeep lovers everywhere immediately monikered it the "Yuppie Jeep" and heaped aspersions heavilly uponit.Well, to make a VERY long story short, Jeep went to the Rubicon gang and asked them what THEY wanted in a Jeep andwhat THEY thought the Jeep Wrangler should be. Out of that came the Rubicon, an awesome 4x4 in any regard and the story basically ends there. Now Jeep listens to their loyalists, as HUMMER should do, andwhen they do that a much better product will come along.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:02 PM

I agree to a point RJ, it would have to a SPECIAL EDITION like the Rubi is (hopefully that is what the H4 will be).

Honestly though, you have to admitthe majority of Hummer owners don't care about it's prowlness offroad. They will never see anything bigger than the puddle in the parking lot. I believe that is why it isn't changing. They started out great with the H1 and saw that they could make more money with a more "street worthy" vehicle, hence the H2/H3 and the demise of the H1. Not too mention the sticker.

I personally haven't encountered anything yet that couldn't be fixed with a good set of tires in my H3.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:39 PM

Jeez this isn't becoming another Jep/Hummer thing is it....boring.

If what people want is a Jeep..go buy one.... and stop bitching in here....personally I reckon my H3 is doing all I want it to and a the end of the day, isn't that what really matters?

Old 05-11-2008, 03:54 PM

That would sum up what I was trying to say ham03. thanks

Old 05-11-2008, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: hma03

Jeez this isn't becoming another Jep/Hummer thing is it....boring.

If what people want is a Jeep..go buy one.... and stop bitching in here....personally I reckon my H3 is doing all I want it to and a the end of the day, isn't that what really matters?
I too agree .... And for the record, Jeeps in Aus only seem to be driven by woman in the 18-30 age bracket! So never any need to compare..

Old 05-11-2008, 04:41 PM

What gets me rhill20 is that a lot of people buy a 4WD thinking they will jsut go down a few trails or on the beach so they buy the luxury what ever..but then they get the bug..start doing more than they originally expected the car to do. Then they start modifying but don't have the right platform to do what they NOW want to do.

Suddenly it isn't as good as this or that, but it was fine when it was doing what it was originally bought for. Well ifan Escapade or Jeep or a Suzuki, or afull blown comp truck or a Dakar vehicleor a tank is going to do what you want to do..go and buy one..I think I might have said this before but...horses for courses.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

I do agree that GM/Hummer needs to listen to the customers more.I think they do to an extent but most people don't do what we do with our trucks. GM has lost site of the fact that most people by Hummer/Jeep/Defender because of the aura/reputation of the vehicle. If they don't give us what we want and need they lose the aura and the sales from everyone eventually. I am hoping that the front and rear lockers in the H3T is an example of things starting to change and GM giving us the things we need.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 AM

Geeze...NO, this is NOT even close to the Jeep/HUMMER thing, re-read the post. I have both (obviously) and you can't compare them, re-read all of my posts stating such. I used Jeep, a division of the Chrysler company, merely as an example of a company that lost it's way and almost losttheir brand loyalists. Jeep finally realized that the majority of Wrangler owners wanted them to take off road, even if they only did that once a year. They listened to their base and out of that came the Rubicon. The people who made the H1 (American General) don't have much to do with the people who make and market the H3 (GM). GM has fallen into that SUV, soccer Mom trap with the H3 and they better listen to their base. HUMMER runs commercials stating that they are "purpose driven" and shows H3's doing feats of off roading only a mountain goat could love. Then...they go and compromise everything that makes them "purpose driven" for the sake of soccer Mom's who want to look Kewl! Out of that comes a backlash from idiots like the fans of www.fuh2.com.These morons don't know the difference between an H1 and an H4and show their ignorance on their web site.

Granted, it's all about money andmanufacturers know that. You can still buy a Jeep Wrangleronly a sissy would drive or you can buy a fully loaded Rubicon that says you have a pair.All of this brings me to this final point. HUMMER (GM) needs to realize that there arefolks out here who like "purpose driven" and will wheel their rigs and use them just like in the commercials. For those of us who know what off roading is and whatit takes toget you out AND bring you back to the hard road, GM should offer us the same option as Jeep offers their loyalists. Have a mall rated H3, that's fine, but have a Rubicon rated H3 too! "That's all I have to say 'bout that" (Forrest Gump)

Old 05-12-2008, 03:12 PM

HHhhhmmmmm....I would have thought a lot of posts and videos on here would have shown the H3 to be doing ok....I take a bit of offence at being lumped into the Soccer Mom category as I would have thought I have done as much extreme 4wd'ing as most on here. The trips that I haven't done in the H3 but have done in other vehicles equally, and in some instances moremodified, I would not hesitate to do in the H3.

Honestly I think there is way too much generalisation. The weekend before last I was out "wheeling" and came across 2 guys in Wranglers. They said..surprised the Hummer got this far.

What they didn't say was, we are driving highly modified, twin locked, 5" suspension lifted, 35" tire, modified everything, not even close to showroom Wranglers, and we managed to get this far.

Well so did the 4" lift, factory rear locker, turbo H3.

Doesn't that put it all into a bit of perspective?????!@!!!!!

I'm now doing a Forest too!

Quick Reply: Things needed on my H3!!!