PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Things needed on my H3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Default RE: Things needed on my H3!!!

OK, you asked... Just don't get pissed at me for telling the truth.
[ol][*]Don't give a rat's gleuteus maximus about soccer mom, grocery getter items.[*]Needs a part time T-Case with locking hubs.[*]Scrapthe lame Traction Control[*]Install front and rear lockers[*]Solid front axle, more dependable, less parts to wear out.[*]No slip shaft on the T-Case, install a yoke there in case you pukethe reardrive shaft.[*]Shift levers! I hate push button four wheel drive.[/ol]
On a less serious note:
[ul][*]A back window that opens so you can carry long 2x4's.[*]Fold flat rear seats.[*]Vinyl (rubber) floor mat option.[*]Power seats with the cloth seat option[*]Pictures of little kittens on the backs of the sun visors![/ul]

Old 05-09-2008, 02:10 AM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

OK, you asked... Just don't get pissed at me for telling the truth.
[ol][*]Don't give a rat's gleuteus maximus about soccer mom, grocery getter items.[*]Needs a part time T-Case with locking hubs.[*]Scrapthe lame Traction Control[*]Install front and rear lockers[*]Solid front axle, more dependable, less parts to wear out.[*]No slip shaft on the T-Case, install a yoke there in case you pukethe reardrive shaft.[*]Shift levers! I hate push button four wheel drive.[/ol]
On a less serious note:
[ul][*]A back window that opens so you can carry long 2x4's.[*]Fold flat rear seats.[*]Vinyl (rubber) floor mat option.[*]Power seats with the cloth seat option[*]Pictures of little kittens on the backs of the sun visors![/ul]

Don't you have pictures of little kittens on the backs of the sun visors ? - these are standard on the Australian H3's !

Old 05-09-2008, 04:40 AM

ozHummer,

The H3 is the best value for money 4WD in Oz. Try and buy a Patrol or Landcruiser with the same level of appointmentfor that money. Jeez when I bought mine it was because Toyota couldn't deliver a 76Series 5 Door wagon (delivery 9 onths from order!)that is virtually vinyl and AM radio let alone Ipod compatible and the H3 was cheaper!

Personally, if my kids were still of going with mom and dad age, I would throw Ipods, DVD's, mobile phones and computer games out the bloody window and let them actually see and smell the fantastic country side and learn to keep themselves occupied.

Last year we took a family with us on a 3,500km Easter trip from Brisbane to Haddons Cnr, Innaminka, Cameron's Cnr and back via a little used back road to Thargomindah. The teenage kids in the other car didn't see a bloody thing as they played games on their mobile phones etc. Couldn't even get them to put them down long enough to engage on UHF chatter...ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Only thing they learnt was how long the batteries in their phones and games lasted.

Give me a front diff lock, some extra front wheel articulation, a drivers footrest for long drives and a broken alarm so it doesn't chime when you have the front door open and I will be happy as a pig in ****.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:46 AM

hma03

Couldn't agree more!!! - I got rid of a 50K Triton with all the bits inc rear dvd for the kids to get the H3 - It was 6 months old and I will not be putting a dvd in it for reasons you mention! - Although they are small it has rear windows and my kids can look out the bloody things ..... I'm off to the Simpson in a July to tackle Big Red ! - Photos will be posted!!!

[&:]the dealer is still trying to sell my trade !!! - Check it out
http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/...aspx?State=QLD

Old 05-09-2008, 03:01 PM

We are planning a September trip. How far are you going across? I will be interested in your feul consumption as my other trips to the SImpson I have had a car with a long range tank....am working on one for the Hummer. Let me know if you are interested and we might get a better deal..anyone else from Oz interested?

In line with this thread....long range tank.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: hma03

We are planning a September trip. How far are you going across? I will be interested in your feul consumption as my other trips to the SImpson I have had a car with a long range tank....am working on one for the Hummer. Let me know if you are interested and we might get a better deal..anyone else from Oz interested?

Not sure how far yet still planning - will be doing Strzelecki andInnamincka - am VERY INTERESTED IN A LONG RANGE OPTION !!!! cause I don't think I will get far on 89L !!!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

One thing I really like about the H1 Alpha...52 gallons of fuel tank capacity. Add a couple of jerry cans and you are up to 62 gallons. That is about 700 miles of cruising range

Old 05-10-2008, 03:41 AM

ORIGINAL: ozHummer

ORIGINAL: hma03

Not sure how far yet still planning - will be doing Strzelecki andInnamincka - am VERY INTERESTED IN A LONG RANGE OPTION !!!! cause I don't think I will get far on 89L !!!

You can do most of that with a couple of jerry cans and be very, very safe as you have fuel at Windorah, Birdsville, Camerons Cnr, Thargomindahand Innaminka depending on which direction you plan on coming from. Big Red is a morning trip from Birdsville if you are not planning on going out into the desert. Mind you a long range tank often gets you to cheaper fuel as well out there rather than having to fill up at smaller, more expensive places. I'll kep you posted on how I go with the long range tank.

Cheers

Old 05-10-2008, 07:32 AM

Comfortable seats!!

Old 05-10-2008, 10:34 PM

Just a question, why is everyone so enthralled with the Ipod interface thing? Isn't the FM/XM/CD enough? I use my Ipod for running because they are the ONLY ones that have that beautiful little chip that tells you how far and fast you have run. Other than that, I don't like them. I prefer my old MP3 player to the ipod, and yet never needed nor wanted in my truck. Not trying to pi$$ anyone off, just curious as to the advantages of having it in the truck.

Quick Reply: Things needed on my H3!!!