PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

they put me in a buick - NOT ANYMORE

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Default RE: they put me in a buick - NOT ANYMORE

geez....that's a hell of a list! Are you running a stock steering atabilizer? Moving up to a dual stabilizer system would take alot of the vibration out of the system and probably protect alot of this from happening again. I went to a dual system in my dodge on the recommendation of the guy that owns the local speed/4x4 shop here....man, much nicer drive now, no shim or road vibration at all.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 PM

it's the fabtech stabilizer that came with the tie rods. even with the broken one still in, the ride off road was much better with the rest of the new parts. if i kept it on the street all the time, i'd question all these parts wearing out. but, since it's seen it's share of abuse, i mean USE, i'm not real surprised.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:02 AM

true dat........I know Jeep guys use some tie rod ends from a certain company...they are something like 150% larger and stronger than stock, and destroyed the tie rod ends that came with a lift they installed on a test TJ (forgot the brand of lift) I wonder if that company makes anything that would work on the hummer line? I'll look through all my back issues of JP mag. and try to find the article...I'll keep you posted

Did you hear any clunking on the road when you made a sharp turn from a stopped position? Like if you stop at a red light and make a sharp left? I had this loud *** clunking in my Dodge and I changed all the tie rod ends...the clunk went away...now it's back and I noticed theres a torn grease boot on one of the ends[:@][:@]I'm trying to figure out if the tie rod ends are just too flimsy for a truck with as much lift as mine or if there's something else out of whack. Why do we drive big trucks again?

Old 08-20-2007, 02:50 AM

SEE....That stuff won't happen on MY RIG!!!![8D]

Old 08-20-2007, 09:27 AM

i never heard any clunking, it was all by feel on the steering. the inner boots on the tie rods were cracked and spooging grease a while back and i had them replaced, but the damage may have already been done. i can pull the inner joint on the oldtie rod about 1/8" when pulling straight, that's not supposed to happen. my last service at the dealer, they told me they were loose, but i didn't think they were that loose. anyway, steering is tighter now, so i figure i have another 2 years of USE on the new ones. hey, at least they never broke causing a wheel to fall off. . . . . . .[>:]