PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Thank you all, Snorkel clarification, Recalls

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Default Thank you all, Snorkel clarification, Recalls

I would like to thank everyone who has welcomed me into the Hummer forum. I take great pride in becoming a part of the Hummer family! Although some non-Hummer oriented people tend to ridicule us but it only increases my pride in owning a fabulous vehicle.
I mentioned that I was installing a Snorkel on my H2 vehicle and saw many responses on this topic.
Just to clarify, this Snorkel is soley for cosmetic / display purposes. It is not intended for real use.
Infact it will not even be linked with any part of the air intake of the vehicle.
I will custom build it out of PVC tubing and mount it to the right passenger side cowl corner cap.
The finished product will appear as though it was factory built in. I will post a photo when it is all completed.
The Hummer Forums web site indicates the following recalls for my 2003 H2.
1) Steering Pitman and Idler Arm Recall
2) Visibility:Windshield Wiper/ Washer: Motor Recall
3) Power Train: Automatic Transmission Recall (able to remove key with the shift lever is in a position other than PARK)
4) Service Brakes, Hydraulic Recall (out of specification brake hydro boost housing relief valve bore)
The gmmylink only indicates recall #2 the Windshield Wiper / Washer motor.
A friend mentioned that there was a service bulletin on replacing the Windshields.
I'm not sure if mine was done but I don't get a knocking noise at highway speeds, so I may be O.K.
Another friend asked for my VIN number for checking recalls on my vehicle, Is it safe to post a VIN number?
A friend asked if I was going off roading? Currently I am not even contemplating going off roading since I am still in the Honeymoon Phase with my vehicle....so I am still babying it!
I am located in Staten Island, N.Y. and would be interested in more info about the Hummer for Hunger gathering!
Thank you all........again, Safari Hummer H2

Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Default RE: Thank you all, Snorkel clarification, Recalls

i don't think the pitman and idler arm issue is a recall, unless you've got the fabtech idler and pitman arms, which were recalled. the only recall i'm aware of is the windshield wiper motor, the others aren't issues on all 2003 H2s. it would be safer to just go to a hummer dealer and ask for imformation on recalls and if they can tell you whether or not your vehicle was completed. any GM dealer should be able to do it, assuming the person you talk to isn't a complete ***. but don't worry, i don't work for GM, so you're at least safe on that count.

i still think the snorkel is a bad idea - but . . . . . . . . [:-]

Old 01-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Thank you all, Snorkel clarification, Recalls

You can PM your VIN to your friend instead of posting it. Once the new wears off off roading might be more interesting to you.