PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Texas Financing Options? Used person to person

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Default Texas Financing Options? Used person to person

I have found a great deal on a used H2 and put some "earnest money" down to hold the beast. It is very nice with very low miles, only driven about 3000 miles per year for the last 5 years. Anyhow, it is a 2003 model and I want it, lol. I have a problems, I am having a hard time getting financed for the purchase. One of my banks won't touch it due to the age and the other lender will no longer finance person to person transactions. I contacted my Credit Union yesterday and was "approved" but today they asked for the vehicle information and she started crawfishing when she heard the 2003 year model.

I have worked my tail off, have no credit card debt and have only two obligations, a house note and a car note and make well above the American Household standard of income. All bills were paid off a few months ago and it is crazy how many credit card offers I get each day. I went and looked at ZTR mowers and filled out the finance paperwork for a 3 year, 0% deal and it was approved in less than 3 seconds online for $5K.

Does anyone have a good lender in Texas that I can get $24K from at a fair rate? I plan to pay it off with my 2008 tax return which will be filed shortly.

Thanks,
MB

Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 AM

Use some of those 0 percent or low intrest credit card checks that come in the mail. They are handy for short term loans like you want.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Most lenders will go back 6 years on a vehicle. Older than that and they are basically making a signature loan based on you and your credit worthiness. Educator's Credit Union in Texas used to be good things for me. I haven't used them in a long time but people I know still say they are very good. If you plan on paying it off with your tax return the banks might be more interested in a shorter term loan for you.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:14 AM

Educator's Credit Union in Texas used to be good things for me
And they did for me too, I am a member and they took care of the deal easily and we are starting the paperwork today. They offered a great rate and will even wrap up the tax and registration since the sale price is lower than NADA value.

They took a bit of time on the deal but it is all good now.

I think I am going to kick Wells Fargo to the curb. I run a lot of money through them and this is the last time they will pass me over on a loan. They were a benefit during Hurricanes Rita and Ike as we had access to our funds anywhere we went. The Credit Unions have banded together and are now in network so the transition should be easier.

Thanks guys, once I get the H2 I will post up some pictures as I am pretty happy with this deal.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Good deal. Glad it worked out for you.