PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tell me what you think about...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 PM

I will try to give you a first hand experience very soon. We have a 2007 base H3 with 3.7. I installed the re-indexed keys and Trail Duty bump stops and leveled it to 24" last weekend. New 315 BFG All terrain T/A will get installed on Saturday, followed by the PCM for less upgrade next week (Currently have the loaner installed).
It's my wifes daily driver and she wanted bigger tires, rarely goes off road. But since I pay the fuel bill, I started adding things to help such as Cat back exhaust and GM Performance Intake system.

If you decide to do the ready lift, I was surprised and just how easy it was to do. It literally took me less than 2hrs to do everything and that was fighting with rust on the top shock bolt.

I plan to give it a week or 2 once everything is on to make the determination of replacing stock shocks with Bilsteins.

I'll try to post before and after pics.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:42 PM

Great. Thanks!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 PM

Okay, 315's in place with leveling kit.... Hopefully PCM will be in sometime this week. The ride is like night and Day !

Attached Thumbnails Tell me what you think about...-img_0321.jpg  

Last edited by DarinM; 05-02-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 AM

Looks good, Darin. Nice work.

I painted my rims this weekend..turned out pretty good actually and very happy with the results.

Sorry about the pics...raining when taken. A little tire shine and they'll be looking real nice.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:50 PM

it sounds like everyone has given great advice

Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 AM

PCM is supposed to arrive tomorrow via UPS from PCM for less. Once that is in and we put a few miles on it, I'll be able to give another update. I ordered a mild upgrade over stock with medium shift firmness, regular fuel and had them re-calibrate the speedo for the 315's. After this is done, we'll end up with an Intake, exhaust and PCM upgrade over stock.

Since this is mostly a kid/grocery getter I really don't see much of a difference in the power over stock. I'm sure there is but base on our use, it's just fine. I can tell you the BFG's ride a WHOLE lot better than stock 265's. For my wife to mention how much better it rides says alot ! I typically only hear about her H3 when/if there is a problem.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 AM

Re-flashed PCM is installed and after going through the security learn all is working just fine. Initially I don't feel much of a difference but I'm sure It shouldn't be since we are only talking about a 3.7 liter engine. I'll give it a tank or two then provide more feedback to see how/if it affected the fuel economy.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:32 AM

Sorry for the long delay, but 2 unexpected travel trips for funerals put a delay in response, but on the good side, allowed me to put a few thousand miles on since the tires and PCM flash.

First off, since this is a daily driver and not a serious off-road SUV, the 315's are great ! The size looks good on the H3 but it does detract from the power. The PCM flash did help, but nothing will overcome the lack of torque from the engine w/o changing out the ring and pinions.

Overall, we're very satisfied with the changes. It's still VERY comfortable on the highway.

One major observation was on the fuel economy. Prior to all the upgrades, we were getting right at 19mpg on the hwy and 15 in town.

Post upgrades with cruise control on the Hwy set at 78mph fuel economy dropped to 13.5mpg ! HOWEVER, using the right foot vs. cruise control brought that back up to 15.5mpg travelling about 80mph on the interstate.

On the PCM for less upgrade, the only things I've noticed that are strange is after driving for 6hrs straight, the red padlock light came on (security) but went away after we stopped for fuel and re-started the engine. Also had the SERV TPM light come on. Checked all the tires for pressure and they're all good so for now, I'm writing that one off to a possible TPM that needs to be replaced.

Last item to note that will come very soon is the original Volant cat back exhaust has to go ! The droning in cab has gotten worse over time and on long drives without loud music or kids watching movies with headphones, it will drive you nuts in the back seat !