PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tall guys in the H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Default Tall guys in the H3

I test drove an 08 Alpha today. While I really like it, I feel a long way away from the wheel and the wind shield....I also noticed, that I can't really look out the driver side window to check for traffic if the intersection is angled, I have to look through the back window lol...Anyone else experience this? Does it become a huge annoyance? BTW I'm 6'3"

Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by HUMMERUP
I test drove an 08 Alpha today. While I really like it, I feel a long way away from the wheel and the wind shield....I also noticed, that I can't really look out the driver side window to check for traffic if the intersection is angled, I have to look through the back window lol...Anyone else experience this? Does it become a huge annoyance? BTW I'm 6'3"
I'm 6'2" and I'd say you get used to it if anything, although I still occasionally notice it after 3 years, especially after driving other vehicles. My wife's base model Accord has a telescoping wheel. Really wish the 3 had one. Those little blind spot mirrors really help me with checking the, uh, blind spots. Only other suggestion I have is to keep the reclining seat to a minimum.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Banned

the front pillar,big, and vertical creates a blind spot when turning left for me.
on my FIRST day,in 09 i bumped a post in a parking lot. i started the turn and the post was hidden by the pillar. as i moved while turning,it stayed hidden, till i smacked it with the tire,no damage.
im 6,2 and i keep trying to pull the wheel back 4-6 inches,no luck so far.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:28 AM

6'3" here. I have to agree with the big pillars, which is one reason why I don't add those window vent visors. I've gotten used to sitting closer to the steering wheel. Definitely get some good blind spot mirrors. I also added an aftermarket head-unit/backup camera shortly after accidentally backing into a nearly "invisible" honda civic.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:15 AM

Ya I probably should have tried to scoot my seat fwd a ways and see if it was still comfortable. I guess that just another excuse to go test drive it again! I did love the back up camera that is factory installed it popped out of the side of the mirror! I also think the turning radius is ridiculously good on these and makes parking and parallel parking a breeze, even if you can't see! Lol

Old 04-10-2012, 05:28 AM

I sit wiht the seat back almost vertical because of what you are talking about. I've found I actually like the seat very straight up like that. I also like that my head is in line with the pillar because I feel like I'm protected a little more in an accident.

Def have to look out the back door windows at city intersections but it really doesn't bother me much. If you are one of the first 2 cars at an intersection, seeing the traffic light can be quite difficult. A while back someone cut one of those RV stickers that increase the viewing area(the grooved ones) and stuck it to the top of the windshield near the visor. when the light changed the he could see the color in the sticker so he didn't have to crane his neck.

I work at a University and a back-up camera has saved my *** a number of times. They are very cheap these days if you find one that doesn't have one already.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

I got no idea what you guys are talking about? I've been driving this Three for 5 years, with vent shades, and never had to look out a rear window at any intersection. I've leaned forward to get a better look out the front door windows sure enough, but that's about it.

I have no use for a back up camera either.

Driving a 3 is like driving a small dump truck, never needed a back up camera when I drove a quad axle either, they got mirrors.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Banned

i find myself NOT using the backup cam,just the mirror.
it was cool at first. still i like to see my long hitch,,whatsit? so i dont poke a hole in some little car hiding bak ere.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:34 PM

I haven't noticed a problem in my 09 T. At 6'5" yes I sometime lean and look out the window when backing up, but other than that I don't have a problem.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I got no idea what you guys are talking about? I've been driving this Three for 5 years, with vent shades, and never had to look out a rear window at any intersection. I've leaned forward to get a better look out the front door windows sure enough, but that's about it.

I have no use for a back up camera either.

Driving a 3 is like driving a small dump truck, never needed a back up camera when I drove a quad axle either, they got mirrors.

I'm sure clouds split and you drive in a little patch of sunshine everywhere too.

Quick Reply: Tall guys in the H3