PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM

I personally would not toss an ebay kit onto my H3, If i were to do an HID conversion I would do a retrofit, much better results and all of the components last a long time. it is a bit more expensive to do though.. looks a lot nicer at the end of the day

Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 AM

I don't know about hid kits. Some of them look good for sure.
But keeping with the thread i guess. When i bought mine I assume they were oem bulbs because they were blue. I replaced them immediately with silverstar ultrasound. I was going to try nighthawks but they didn't have any for it i guess. As well i have an eye disease that makes it hard for me to see at night and my peripheral is suppose to narrow until i got blind. It isn't bad now with peripheral but night blindness is always an issue. But the silverstars were the right color for me to use i think. It is almost a bright white. But i don't dive alot at night so not the one to ask about life of them. I have had them in a little over six months. But have probably only used them a dozen times or twenty... So they will last me well i think.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 PM

I bought some ultras, with hope that they would make an improvement on the stock ones.

They are a bit brighter and whiter than the stock ones. I can actually see the road when I'm driving home at night (which is a plus...) whereas with the stock ones I would sometimes question if they were on. They still quite aren't what I was looking for, but will make due until I've saved enough to do a HID retrofit.