PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Switching to Synthetic at 45k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default Switching to Synthetic at 45k Miles

Should I? Every car I've had that I've switched from normal to synthetic has always had improvements in power and mileage. That doesn't say much about the H3 though, but is it worth at least trying? If I do, it will be tomorrow when it's getting checked out for all the other crap.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Switching to Synthetic at 45k Miles

dear lord...your making ANOTHER post about oil...didn't we cover this in teh last 346 oil posts you have made

switching will cause no problems at all.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: importkiller

dear lord...your making ANOTHER post about oil...didn't we cover this in teh last 346 oil posts you have made

switching will cause no problems at all.
Hey there Mr. Hypocrite [&:]Wasn't it YOU that just brought up a month or so ago that we shouldn't bring back old posts, and should create new ones, even if the same kind of posts exists? Remeber that whole debate we all had [8D] Now you are saying this? You are confusing dude [sm=icon_blah.gif]

Did you get picked on as a kid and just getting your revenge on this forum I'll understand, IF you admit it

Old 11-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

AND, I seriously doubt anybody on here has as many miles on their H3 as I do! [>:]

Old 11-06-2007, 02:49 PM

ok....but if we covered this already a few months ago with one of your many oil posts...as your basically saying we did...then why are you asking again......bored at work? Like to see yourself type? Post whoring in an all new way?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

I had to figure out a way to outwhore Bob [&o]

I honestly don't think I created more then 1 thread about changing oil and I've been told switching oil types when you get close to 50k miles is bad. I don't think that's true, but that's honestly why I started this thread, to see if anybody thought it was bad to do it with this many miles on it. I've always been told, do it from the beginning, but not after it has XXX miles on it. So, I DO have some method to my madness

If you can find all of these posts, I'd like to see them, because that will literally prove I have lost my mind! I really don't remember me posting all that many things about oil.

[:-]

Old 11-06-2007, 03:04 PM

not worth the effort of looking for them...lol.....as for changing the oil...no, you won't have any negative effects of changing now. SOme people say that changing to sinthetic at higher mileage will cause sludge to dislodge and go through your motor.....that's total BS and will not happen.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Just do it. Take the plunge. Synthetic helped me out in my high-revving Honda. With the factory oil I used 2 qts in 7500 miles (Honda said don't change first oil for 10K because of factory additives for engine conditioning). Used 1 qt in next 3K miles. Switched to synthetic and used 1/2 qt every 5K miles.

I like synthetic with how hot it gets here in AZ in the summer, especially if I go offroad when it is 105 out and the a/c is on. I've had synthetic since the first oil change in my H3. I have never had to add oil into the H3, regular or synthetic. I'm no oil scientisit, i don't know how or why it works better, or if it even does, but I'll succumb to marketing and rumor that synthetic is better.

Fuel line magnets are still off my list. Their marketing sucks.
[/align]

Old 11-06-2007, 06:13 PM

why are you guys so angry let the men bring the old post maybe he waesnt around

Old 11-06-2007, 07:00 PM

[:@] Cant we all just get along!!!!

Quick Reply: Switching to Synthetic at 45k Miles