PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Surprise

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Default Surprise

Bought my H3 bout a month ago from a dealer used so I'm not sure of everything that it is equipped with Just figured out I have the trailering pkg., so I am wonderin what else I might have that the dealer didn't list...is there an obvious way to know if you have the side rail airbags?

Old 07-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Default RE: Surprise

On each front pillar you see a round circle it look like it come out to remove a screw on that piece it will say airbag thats what they are for if it does not say it you do not have it.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:30 PM

ahh ha just a circle on mine..no air bags..darn. Thanks dilo

Old 07-18-2006, 01:34 PM

On the topic of the roof rail airbags...

Our ditzy sales lady told my wife and I , "You realize they are only for rollovers, right? They are not meant for normal accidents."

LOL, can you believe that? Of course, she also described the adventure package as: "the big tires." When I said, "Well it involves a little more than that.", she said, "Oh yeah, it has that little axle thingy."

Good grief... [&:] Are the buyers supposed to know more about the product, than the salesperson? Needless to say, I wasn't really impressed with our experiences in the sales dept. However, I was told that we can, at any time, bring the H3 for a wash and vac. There is no limit, just bring it in and they'll do it for you if you want. I thought that was pretty cool. I'm not sure we'll use it very much since we don't get over that direction all that much. But, we're in the area every couple of weeks.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:39 PM

Fireman, I work at a major securities firm. It's all about sales. Most sales people sell off a script. Occasionally you meet someone who is actually an enthusiast but those guys tend to lurk in the back of dealerships and you might meet them when something goes wrong.

Axle thingy, I believe it.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummerguy123

Fireman, I work at a major securities firm. It's all about sales. Most sales people sell off a script. Occasionally you meet someone who is actually an enthusiast but those guys tend to lurk in the back of dealerships and you might meet them when something goes wrong.

Axle thingy, I believe it.
That's pretty scary. I wonder how the public would feel if I didn't know my job any better than some salespersons do?

"Hey Bill, would you grab that water thingy off the side of the truck... it looks like this house has some sort of smoke and fiery stuff comming out of it." "Well, I'd love to ... but I'm not exactly sure how it works....." "well, let's at least give 'em a good show.. we don't want anyone to know we don't know what we're doing."

Sad, sad, sad...

But, I know what you mean. It's more the employer's fault for not providing the info, or making sure it's known, than the employee. I'm tempted to say I wish I had it that easy.. but in reality, I'm glad I don't... and I would think the public is glad I don't too.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:28 PM

ahhh hell, you don't need that water thingy...just throw some dirt on it.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

ahhh hell, you don't need that water thingy...just throw some dirt on it.

Nah, I just step off the truck. The fire takes one look at me and goes out. It don't want none of this..

[Napolean Dynamite voice] yeah, right![/Napolean Dynomite voice]

Old 07-18-2006, 03:48 PM

I love 4runners i know almost everything about them so buying my third one the sales person told me they where no making the model i was looking for and gave me a brand new catalog on the front page was the model i want. I like them because the back window goes down etc. he told me it did not i said here let me show you then i showed more stuff then he was honest and said you know more about these then i do. He did not get my business then i realize a friend just left working for a Toyota place and he made a call i got what i wanted for what they paid for it the same thing with my girlfriend solara we got that for what they paid for it we gave the sales man money because he was not making not off them.Its so much better that way no fighting and the saleman let me check with my manager no games same with my H3.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:40 AM

You really got to do your research. When I was looking at the H3 the sales rep. i was with was so excited about the H3 it was a refreshing change. When I bought the 4Runner I did my homework because the sales person did'nt know chit .

Quick Reply: Surprise