PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Supposed to buy an 08 H3 tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:52 PM

Uh, 3hummers, WTHeck? I can't have an honest opinion and not be called a troll? Jeez...that's not very nice.

Florida, thanks for all of your help. I have been on vacation this week, so I have been driving it aorund all this week. The Civic is parked brand new with the 20 miles on it. I live in California, so I've taken the kids to some museums and Knott's Berry Farm. Everything being a good 40-50 miles away. I've driven all freeway miles and when I am not coming home after a 10 hour freaking work day in "dress" clothes, it seems fine. (other than the mileage which sucks, but I knew it wasn't going to be great...I'm just a little stunned, eeeks) But when I'm driving with my Uggs and Levis on, or some tennis shoes, it seems okay. I mean, let's be honest, it's a Hummer and that makes it bad ***, and frankly I was always a bad ***. I just seems that since I hit 41 and have been driving that Pacifica for 3 1/2 years, I guess I got complacent in my comfort and frighteningly, my old age! Besides that I am 5'2" and 107lbs. I started playing on a womens 30 and over soccer team in April, and I started working out a little bit recently, so it seems like I am getting a little of my strength and youth back, but holy crap, I loved that damn Chrysler lol...

At any rate, I figure if I park it all week, drive the Civic, and just enjoy it on weekends, maybe I can keep it under 17k for the next 2-3 years and unload it then.

We have a 2001 HD2500, and I used to drive a lifted 2003 Tahoe and a 1996 4x4 Tahoe...none of them were ever as rough as this thing. I will say this, though, I am seeming to get used to it. I definitely love the Navigation and the XM. I need to pick up some step assists to get in it without yanking on the steering wheel and then a Billet fuel cap cover for looks and just learn to love it. I do love the appearance, and I like to check it when I drive by storefronts with big windows I think you have a point, though, in saying that as soon as I offroad it with our church or take it to Pismo or Glamis, I will appreciate it much more. Of course my husband thinks it's fine...he's a Jeep guy, but he likes it. His commute is 100 a day or I would of gave it to him before the Civics, but we both have a Civic each now to commute in. I will be sure to let you all know. It's growing on me little by little. Also, I think a part of me hating it was because of the bastards I dealt with too! Gosh, that pissed me off and threw a really bad fricking mental spin on this whole damn thing. They were NOT a Hummer dealer, BTW. They were a Chevy dealer and I will just leave it at that. UGH!

Anyway, thanks again for all the help and I will be hoping for the best, and looking good while I do it...at least

Old 06-04-2010, 06:55 AM

HummingRightAlong,

Seems like you are slowly adjusting. Knowing now that you are of the female persuasion explains why you loved your Pacifica so much. I was starting to question your masculinity, LOL! The Pacifica is a great woman's vehicle. The gal down the street from us has one. I have always been an SUV/truck guy. Back in 2005 when we had our first real taste of high gas prices, I traded my Chevy Avalanche in on a Nissan Murano. What a nice riding, sporty vehicle that was. My wife loved it. Although I really enjoyed driving it, it didn't fit my personality (active and athletic). I saw way more women driving Muranos then men. The H3 came out and I went and test drove it. Although it didn't drive anything like the Murano, I recognized it's strengths (good looking vehicle, solid, well-built, head turner, rugged, masculine, original at the time, full-time 4x4, etc.) and it's weaknesses (fuel economy: not really any worse than any other SUV I owned plus it's FULL-TIME 4WD whereas others with same fuel economy were only part-time 4WD), acceleration, and the fact that there are alot of Hummer Haters out there. The dealer let me drive the vehicle home overnight (1 hr. 15 min. drive on the interstate each way). My kids loved it and my wife was ho hum about it. I just had to have it though. I never looked back and never compared the ride to the Murano.

Try not to let others discourage you here on the forum. There is lots of info. available on here. Don't be afraid to be an active participant on here. Considering Hummers will no longer be made, you now own a collector's item. Baby it and take care of it and you will have a great vehicle for years to come.