PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Super Swampers have arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Default RE: Super Swampers have arrived!

Nice wheels and tires.

You have the same camera set-up i have. It works great.I modified the monitor/receiver with an AV out soIcan hook itdirect to my head unit.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:17 PM

I looked at the H3 for a few minutes today before I headed to the airport. It looks as though it was rubbing on the rear side of the left front fender well. When I turn the wheels all the way I heard it go clunk, clunk, clunk. I poked my head down and looked at the control arms and they were nice and dirty, and I noticed a small rub spot where the mud flap is connected to the fender. I don't think removing the flap would help, the skidmark was on the stock part of the fender well and a little was on the edge of the mud flap overlapping the fender well. So... maybe a 1/2" to 1" lift may fix it. It's minor, just a slight rub, I just have to keep from digging it in, when I hear it I stop turning the wheel, I'm only at that extreme when I'm trying to turn around in a tight area, backing up and then moving forward to get turned around, that was the only time it did it.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 PM

T-Bar crank for you little mister......

Old 10-02-2007, 05:55 AM

The super swampeers looks just right for the H3 and if i had an H3 I would get those.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 AM

Gorilla, you're absolutely right. Those tires and wheels has made a huge change to the look of my H3. No reason not to do the same on an H2....hint, hint.

Even my wife who is a little milktoast towards the H3 add-ons has commented over and over how bad-azz it looks now. She was giving me crap about spending money on new rims and tires but when they came in and I showed them to her she's like... ohhh those look cool and then when I mounted them she's like... dang baby, that's HOT!

She told me the other day after church she stopped by the grocery store to pick a few things for dinner and saw the Hummer reflected in the big glass windows of the strip mall. She said it looked soooooooo good and she was really surprised that it made as much a difference as it did.

Funny thing, I took of the nerf bars to go wheelin last weekend with Dave, good thing I did too cause I was scraping bottom on some shelf traverses and I know they would have totally hosed the nerf bars. Anyway, point is my wife is a little thing, she's about 5'4" and she's used to climbing up in the Hummer with the aid of the nerf bars. Well now, the nerf bars are in the garage and with Swampers it's an inch taller and she has to climb up in the H3 like a kid.

I love my nerf bars, I've got the stainless steel ones but I have to tell you, it looks a lot meaner without them, you get the impression of serious ground clearance without them and I like that look.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER
I looked at the H3 for a few minutes today before I headed to the airport. It looks as though it was rubbing on the rear side of the left front fender well. When I turn the wheels all the way I heard it go clunk, clunk, clunk. I poked my head down and looked at the control arms and they were nice and dirty, and I noticed a small rub spot where the mud flap is connected to the fender. I don't think removing the flap would help, the skidmark was on the stock part of the fender well and a little was on the edge of the mud flap overlapping the fender well. So... maybe a 1/2" to 1" lift may fix it. It's minor, just a slight rub, I just have to keep from digging it in, when I hear it I stop turning the wheel, I'm only at that extreme when I'm trying to turn around in a tight area, backing up and then moving forward to get turned around, that was the only time it did it.
Hey HD,

Here are a couple of pics of my tires pretty close to "full stuff" so you can get an idea of how close the tolerances are.

If I remember correctly, we have the same offset but your wheels are an inch wider and the tires are an inch larger in diameter.

Here is the rear.....

And the front........If you can call that a "Stuff".....

BTW: There is a H2 here in my neck of the woods that is running what appear to be 35" or 37" TrXus MT's on stock wheels.

It looks freaking SWEET........No lift....Just the stock wheels........

Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 PM

Those mud pics look like fun. I ran through a little creekbed with maybe an inch of water with that pasty mud, it wasn't more than 3 feet across either. But man those Swampers were throwing chunks of mud 20 feet in the air, they were going everywhere, that was pretty cool, it's good to see these tires seem to self clean pretty well as evidenced by my brief encounter with a bit of mud.

I was wondering what an H2 would look like with the SS Trxus tires and some slick rims, bet it is too sweet.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

That does look nice.... very nice... and that looks like a great place to play...

Old 10-02-2007, 08:41 PM

Beadlock rings, I've been considering get a set for these wheels as they are available. I can get them in chrome like Gunner has or I can get them in black.

I don't know if I want them as I'm pretty happy with the ProComps as they are. I took some time this evening to photoshop some black beadlocks for my H3.

Let me know what you think, do they look better with or without.

WITH BEADLOCK RINGS:

WITHOUT RINGS:

Old 10-02-2007, 09:14 PM

I kinda like them......................nice photoshop btw

Quick Reply: Super Swampers have arrived!