PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Super Swampers have arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Default RE: Super Swampers have arrived!

HUMMER DRIVER,
Is your front end lifted?

Old 09-24-2007, 03:25 AM

The front end is still stock height I believe. Once again, wheel & tire setup!

Old 09-24-2007, 08:11 AM

I have not raised the front end yet. The tires don't seem to be rubbing, I guess because they stick out so far that it makes up for the much wider tire.

These tires are spec'd as 34x12.5x16 but putting a measuring tape on them they are a little biger than 33, maybe 33.25 from pavement to the top. I guess you get some compression with the weight of the truck on the wheels.

I'd like to raise the front end just a little, before I put these wheels on my driver's side was about 1/2" lower than the right side. Assuming that hasn't changed I'd probably lift the low side an inch an the right side 1/2" to even it out. Haven't driven it at night yet so I don't know if my headlights need adjusting with the bigger tires.

It's a funny thing, the Hummer seems a lot bigger now than before. I even had a buddy of mine comment on that, I thought it was just me but I guess it makes the whole vehicle look larger.

I know one thing, I am going to have to invest more time on car washes because these tires are going to coat my ride when I get into water, mud whathaveyou.

The performance doesn't "feel" any different. I still have good acceleration, I haven't tested my GPS with it yet to see how far off the odometer is. The ride is firmer but I think that is just the new tires, I guess they may break-in some after some more miles and give a little softer riide. I'll worry about that after I do a rotation on them and have the alignment checked.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:17 AM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER
One bad thing is as wide as the tires are if I drive through any water or whatever liquid it's all over the frikkin Hummer,
I'd have to put 4 more inches of fender flare to catch it all.
Outstanding !

Great choice....but then again, what else could I say...........

You will love those tires. (Just remember, pressure, rotate, pressure, rotate, pressure, rotate)

Note: Getting a little sprinkler spray on your rig will seem like a minor inconvenience after you get 'em off road the first time..

(You can trust me on this one.....and yes, this is the new '07 with less than 1200 miles and new door paint)

Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 AM

Looks amazing

Old 09-24-2007, 02:45 PM

Mark, how far out do your tires sit? Mine look like they are almost 3 inches further out than my stock tires. I guess it's a good thing, they're pretty wide and if they aren't sticking out they would certainly be rubbing.

One thing I was really happy about is the tires are quiet on the road. I was going to pissed if they had that old school mudgrip growl. A tire guy told me that it can happen if you don't rotate them regularly, he said that you can get staggered heights on the lugs and that is what makes the road noise. I hope the 5th tire for the spare I'm getting next month will mount on the spare mount without any problems.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Nice paint Gunner.....

Old 09-24-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

Mark, how far out do your tires sit? Mine look like they are almost 3 inches further out than my stock tires. I guess it's a good thing, they're pretty wide and if they aren't sticking out they would certainly be rubbing.

One thing I was really happy about is the tires are quiet on the road. I was going to pissed if they had that old school mudgrip growl. A tire guy told me that it can happen if you don't rotate them regularly, he said that you can get staggered heights on the lugs and that is what makes the road noise. I hope the 5th tire for the spare I'm getting next month will mount on the spare mount without any problems.
Yours and mine are the exact same setup with the exception of the rings and your tire diameter (33 vs. 34)

I put mine through hell this weekend (mud, sand, water,moguls, side slopes, V-ditches <wet and dry>......Never rubbed, never touched.

Note: That's with the factory ride height and adventure series shocks....I haven't touched the t-bars on this new one yet..

That offset works great for keeping the tires from shining up parts of your running gear that shouldn't be shiny.....

However, they do stick out 2.5 inches and will sling ALL MANNER of flotsam and jetsam upside your rig.

Embrace the funk my brother.....

You have committed and now have no other choice-----

Mr Dawg: Thanks for the compliment....Just wait till I getall the pics in and a trip thread posted....you will be proud.
BTW: The dealer worked for over two hours cleaning it up this morning and I still have and hour or so of
pressure washing to do on the under carriage, roof rails and all that crap...They'll get it back tomorrow
for a full detail.......I have some really, really, really,bad stains on both the NEW and OLD paint. Hopefully,
Sewell's Grand PooBah of Paint and Detailing can get me back to that show-room look......Just so I can
go out and do it again....

Old 09-27-2007, 09:30 PM

nice tires! those mud flaps are worthless now! haha. my tires stick out just as far. my truck is always dirty!

Old 09-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Great looking ride. Did you beef up any of the suspension?

Quick Reply: Super Swampers have arrived!