PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

SUNROOF WON'T CLOSE

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Default SUNROOF WON'T CLOSE

So now to my problem. The other dayIhad the sunroof open and when I was closing it the thing made a loud POP!. I wasn't sure what it was soI opened it again and then tryed to shut it but it only went foreword about 3" and then got bound up and stopped. I could open it back up with no problem but it will notclose. I then opened it all the way up againand then Ipushed it foreword in the center of it and it closed ok. I think something in the track has broke and it is dragging on the drivers side. Help!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: SUNROOF WON'T CLOSE

Sounds like a trip to the dealer. Sorry Brud.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:55 PM

I had the same thing happen on my '05. Had to take it into the dealer. They ended up having to replace something in the track I believe. It may have become mis-aligned ever so slightly, enough to make it bind up and reverse. Nothing really that you can see either. They had to pull the headliner down to get to everything. It was a quick 1 day fix though.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM

I found a brokenhalf of aplastic cap in the left side track. The track was also bent up on the rear slot that allows the sunroof to tilt up. I flatened out the bend a lubed the track but it still binds up on the left side. I can close it by pushing foreword on the left side so it squares everthing up. I cant see where the cap came from. does anyone know where it came from and can I get them without buying thecomplete sunroof?

Old 12-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Sunroofs screw up if they are used a lot. The plastic clips that retain them in the track wear out and break. Without a pic of your piece of cap, I'm guessin that is what broke. Thoses clips are relatively cheap. The headliner needs to be dropped and once you go to all that trouble, you might as well replace all the clips......I know there is at least four, but might be up to 6-8??? CRS

You can get the clips from the dealer, take your broken piece with you, they might have to order them. If you are familiar with intereior work, you could do it, but it is not easy. [&o]