PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sunroof express open

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Default Sunroof express open

I have a 2007 H3 and when I open the sunroof it express opens almost all the way. I would say 95% open, but if i want it completely open I have to push and hold down the button again. The reason I ask is the manual says the sunroof will "completely" open once you push the button. I would of never noticed it but I pushed the button to see if it would open more and it did. Is this normal or is mine malfunctioning by not opening all the way??? I have 3 more months on the warranty.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 PM

My 08 does the same thing. Ill have to push the button again to open the whole sunroof. I think its normal for all H3's.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by rlmoralez
I have a 2007 H3 and when I open the sunroof it express opens almost all the way. I would say 95% open, but if i want it completely open I have to push and hold down the button again. The reason I ask is the manual says the sunroof will "completely" open once you push the button. I would of never noticed it but I pushed the button to see if it would open more and it did. Is this normal or is mine malfunctioning by not opening all the way??? I have 3 more months on the warranty.
That's what's great about this forum....You learn something new every time you log in! I've had my '08 Alpha for over 2 years, now, and never knew my sunroof opened beyond the 'express open position'!

Edit: Just checked the owner's manual, and it doesn't even explain this! It says it's fully opened after press and release!

Open/Close: Press and release the back of the switch to
fully open the sunroof. If the sunshade is in the closed
position, it automatically opens with the sunroof. To stop
the sunroof before it reaches the full open position press
and release the front or back of the switch. An air
deflector raises when the sunroof is fully opened.

Last edited by Broken Halo; 08-11-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by No_Fear_H3
............... I think its normal for all H3's.
It is normal. Keeps the wind buffeting down.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:28 PM

Just an FYI ... I opened the sunroof automatically and after it stopped I also noticed that it could open some more so I did, but then it would not express close or open. If this happens you need to close the sunroof all the way then reopen all the way but hold the buttom for at least ten seconds after it is full open. Then close and it will work correctly. Some sort of relearn for the module.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

Originally Posted by rlmoralez
Just wanted to add my .02cents to the chorus of this being a normal condition. Mine works exactly the same way ever since Day 1.

Originally Posted by Pay2Play
Just an FYI ... I opened the sunroof automatically and after it stopped I also noticed that it could open some more so I did, but then it would not express close or open. If this happens you need to close the sunroof all the way then reopen all the way but hold the buttom for at least ten seconds after it is full open. Then close and it will work correctly. Some sort of relearn for the module.
Never had that problem of the express not working after the roof is fully opened from its express position. First time I heard of that happening.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:48 AM

When you open the sunroof that remaining amount, at decent speeds you get the pressure build up in truck and is annoying. I believe it was a design flaw and gm engineered it to open to that spot on the first button push before there is a pressure issue and push again to open all the way.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Pay2Play
THANK YOU!!! some months back I did he same thing, and thought I had screwed up the sunroof...just went in the garage and tried this and it worked!!!