PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sun. Aug. 5th: Indiana Badlands Park Off-Roading Outting

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Next Indiana Badlands Park Off-Roading get-together: Suggestions and Comments

Well, I found out about having rear-seat passengers:

"If you have the original hard top you are fine"

That was Lori's response from Badlands. I will probably have myself, wife, and her brother and gf, or sister or both. All of them want to come, so I may need you guys to pull me out quite often since I may have 5 people in the truck with me lol. All I am asking is for your support in towing my happy *** back to Schepel Hummer

Is anybody else interested in going?

Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Default RE: Next Indiana Badlands Park Off-Roading get-together: Suggestions and Comments

So, do we have a date set in stone? I live in the South Bend, Indiana area and have been wanting to go to the Badlands for a while now. I'm a member of the Illiana Hummer club and haven't heard anything from anyone so not really sure whats going on because I know that we'd been planning to go for some time now but who knows anymore haha.... thanks and keep me posted!

Drew

Old 07-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Hi there Indy! I'm a member of the Illiana Hummer Club as well (I'm actually help create the new IHC site). Mike Eason is on here also (HummerMike). The date is set. August 4th. This is not an official IHC event though. This is something I put together for local forum members like us that want to get together.

Mike and I might go to a different park this weekend to scope it out for an official Illiana Hummer Club event there. This is something seperate, more a hummer forum event we put together. We have all been there as a group a couple of months ago and had a blast. Mike isn't sure yet which park he wants to go with for the IHC get-together. We may very well be going to the Badlands twice if they decide to hold it at the Badlands.

Anyway, this get-together is Saturday, August 4th at 9 AM, give or take whenever everybody gets there (hopefully we won't be late again). I'll probably meet Mike up on US-41 and we'll drive down there together since it's right off of 41. I honestly don't remember where South Bend is in relation to the park. We have a good bunch of guys and we have a really good time. I hope you can make it!

Now, JDREW (not you Indy, another member that went with us the first time), ARE YOU IN OR OUT??????? C'mon little guy, we need you, it's ok, we won't hurt you

Old 07-13-2007, 06:44 AM

I'll have to check my schedule for that Saturday, I'm not quite sure yet whats going on. Thats the weekend right after I'm heading up to Drummond Island so we'll see how the truck is feeling after that, haha.

Thanks,
Drew

Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Believe me, you will be fine. I seriously doubt your H2 will take any damage. It would be great to have another H2 with us. Poor Nick was all alone. Mike and Nick have a ton of pictures (but the bastards haven't posted any of them yet [:@]) from the last time. If you would have seen some of the tight spaces Nick navigated his H2 through, you would have passed out. He squeeze through parts of that park where visibly it didn't even look like a Wrangler could get through. Granted, Jeremy (jdrew) and I had to hold/pull some branches out of the way a few times for him, but it was fun. I think it was more fun having that challenging aspect of it then actually driving. Trying to figure out how and IF your rig will make it is more fun then actually doing it, because when you are doing it, you either feel like you are going to crap your pants, or have a heart attack thinking about how much money it will cost to get a new paint job if you don't make it

Nick knows that feeling, don't ya buddy

He needs to post that pic he has of him going down this slope where he literally had about 1" of clearance on each side. He knows, the infmamous "Let me move this rock out of the way" hill

Old 07-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Actually Mike, I posted mine A LONG time ago ... another case of alzheimer's lite??? :-)

Old 07-13-2007, 03:42 PM

I know nothing of a new paint job LOL! I wear my scars proudly thank you very much .. my dents too LOL! And that pic you are talking about, the one with the clearance issue is in my photo album ... man you really are having another onset of alzheimers lite hehehehee

Old 07-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Ok guys.. Got my schedule from work. I WILL be working on the 4th, so I wont be able to make it. We work 4 on, 2 off. I am off this weekend, then next week, I am off Thurs and Fri. Then the next week after that, Wed and Thurs. and so forth. So basically, every 6th week, I get both weekend days off.

Anyway, you guys have fun.. I was hoping to be off so I could have some fun, but I will have to wait until next time.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

That really sucks [&o]I guess we can't all get together and throw you in the Hummer Pool like we were planning; DAMN!

How about this; the next weekend you think you'll have available you let us know and we'll try to make it somewhere else. I think Nick was saying he has some time in September and/or October. I'd still like to check out this Haspen thing and am hoping my wife likes her first experience enough where she'd be willing to do a weekend there. I know the Badlands is far for you and it's probably going to get a bit old after a while. There is a new place we might check out tomorrow near my house but out of both of your ways. Once I get done doing all this cosmetic stuff to my rig, I don't know if I'm going to really want to be off-roading with it (especially since the tires are almost shot to hell) but I can always ride shotgun with someone else.

Is ANYBODY else interested in going? So far, we don't have too much of a turnout.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:55 PM

Don't you be going and cancelling this whole thing on us now LOL!!! My buddy is out by the way, too far of a drive for him he said.
As far as haspin weekend goes, hells yeah! I can scrape together at least 4 vehicles from here for a trip like that!!! Would be a hell of a good time to get everyone together too ...

Quick Reply: Sun. Aug. 5th: Indiana Badlands Park Off-Roading Outting