PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

STUCK IN PARADISE...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Default RE: STUCK IN PARADISE...

The next time you go in the sand, try airing down your tires to 15-20 psi and see how that works. You guys are correct, you need to have a wider footprint in the sand or your done for. I aired down my mickey Thompsons in some moguls that happened to be sand one time too 30psi and it made a huge difference.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:48 PM

Sorry man - been stuck many times on the beach - not with H3 yet - best tools:

- Low Pressure
- Shovel
- Piece of Plywood
- Beer

Old 10-10-2006, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: beachman

Sorry man - been stuck many times on the beach - not with H3 yet - best tools:

- Low Pressure
- Shovel
- Piece of Plywood
- Beer

the beer serves 2 purposes, so it's vitally important. one, it gives you something to keep you going while waiting for a tow. two, it makes good payment for someone nice enough to stop and help.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:43 PM

AGREED!!

Old 10-11-2006, 12:57 AM

Thanks guys for all the great advice - It's been raining - A LOT!! A storm moved in later that day, so all that sunshine turned into one dark-*** cloud that has been lingering over the islands which means MUD!!! This weekend is our 9th anniversary, I wonder if my wife will allow me to spend the day kicking up some mud and dirt - we'll see.

If I get stuck in some mud you know I will be posting it...

Thanks again.

Here's some pics of the Toyota pulling me out:

Old 10-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Dude! We saw that truck when we were there! We actually saw that and said "Damn we should have bought the green H3!" We tried to get a green 5-speed so we could get a camo paint job, but those were almost impossible to find at the time. It would have taken another 3 weeks to get one, and the trade-in on our xB would have dropped. There are alot of jacked up rigs in Oahu. My wife is really into them. She keeps bugging me to jack up the H3 like you wanted to. She talks about it all the time. SO, if you DO go through with it, you need to let me know what kit you put on. I told her we would just come to a compromise and I'd get some big tires for it! I still need to fit into my parking garage at work.

Congrats on your Anniversary by the way.

( Yeah, I saw the original post there buddy. Watch yourself now )

Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Dude! We saw that truck when we were there! We actually saw that and said "Damn we should have bought the green H3!" We tried to get a green 5-speed so we could get a camo paint job, but those were almost impossible to find at the time. It would have taken another 3 weeks to get one, and the trade-in on our xB would have dropped. There are alot of jacked up rigs in Oahu. My wife is really into them. She keeps bugging me to jack up the H3 like you wanted to. She talks about it all the time. SO, if you DO go through with it, you need to let me know what kit you put on. I told her we would just come to a compromise and I'd get some big tires for it! I still need to fit into my parking garage at work.

Congrats on your Anniversary by the way.

( Yeah, I saw the original post there buddy. Watch yourself now )
Yep, Oahu is small, everyone runs into each other somewhere - that guy is super cool, don't even know who he was - he just stopped by and pulled me out. I'm tyring to find him so I can buy him a case of beer or something

By the way - I just launched another site called: www.4x4boyz.com It's a site for all 4x4 trucks! come on by and say hello!

Old 10-12-2006, 11:45 PM

Yeah fine...All I want to know is Ink; 1. are you gonna get that bumber replaced?, 2. did you have the spare on, and if you did, how did you not crush the tailgate?, 3. did you ever clean all that damn sand off your dash and vents?...These are the things that have priority..not some silly *** looking 4X4 with a camouflaged paint job that looks like a mardi gras rainbow coalition parade reject. [sm=grin.gif]

You know I'm kidding right?

Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Yeah fine...All I want to know is Ink; 1. are you gonna get that bumber replaced?, 2. did you have the spare on, and if you did, how did you not crush the tailgate?, 3. did you ever clean all that damn sand off your dash and vents?...These are the things that have priority..not some silly *** looking 4X4 with a camouflaged paint job that looks like a mardi gras rainbow coalition parade reject. [sm=grin.gif]

You know I'm kidding right?
Woah. Time for a beat-down!

Old 10-30-2006, 05:35 AM

See Dude, gotta stick with the mud. In a month or so we'll be back at the ranch, far from any sand. Hope to see you there. Sorry about the bumper.

Nalu

Quick Reply: STUCK IN PARADISE...