PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

A Story. Then a Power steering question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Thumbs up A Story. Then a Power steering question.

Ok im gonna narrow down a 8 hours problem down to the Climax's.

I was going 4 wheelin with some friends today because they didn't believe the Hummer could go where their jeeps went. Well turns out it snowed, and they couldn't get up the trail at all so we piled up in the hummer and went right up it well towards the end of the trail about 40 minutes later at the top of the mountain, I was all excited cause I thought I had some bragging rights... well we are going along the trail with smooth sailing and BAM. Fell through some ice I couldnt see because of the snow and fell into a deep *** mudd hole even with the doors.

2 hours later walking down a mountain because no one brought phones and I busted mine (another story for later), so we started walking. At this point its 9:30 and we have no lights, and here cyotes howling and Deer grunting. We had no guns either. Anyways to the point, we got down a man kindly let us in his house I called my dad and tell him what happened... Of course he's pissed so he comes out Panicing about the hummer and us. None of us could get up there.

Well I called some buddies that has a Cummings turbo diesel that we thought could get up there and he comes out and me and him and a few Nissan frontiers go up there. The cummings could not get it out. So the frontier yota tie up (yes, the jeeps couldn't get up but they could. wierd right?) to the cummings and after about 15 minutes of yanking we got it out.

Right now im recovering from Hypothermia and frost bite but its all good. We got the Hummah down!

So To the question
:
In the process of pulling it out of the hole I lost my power steering while turning the wheel against the side of the mudd hole (friend did it actually). Is there a release on the pump that dumps the fluid when under alot of stress or did I bust something? I can still here the pump whining but Its not doin much. I gotta get out there tomorrow and see what happens when I pour fluid in it. What do you all think my options are.

Also Onstar ran my engine and Trans diagnostics and everything is good there too! I LOVE THEM.