PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Story and Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Default RE: Story and Sponsorship

Oh I totally agree with the common sense issue. But the case boiled down to (no pun intended) that McDonald's was serving coffee at WAY OVER THE SPECIFIED TEMPERATURE SET BY INDUSTRY STANDARDS/RULES...
If the coffee had been served at the required limit then the burns etc. wouldn't have been as severe. Hence there wouldn't have been a court case to begin with!
I agree on the Mother issue too, where was she when this boy was out at 8-9 pm at night during a damn thunderstorm that was causing widespread flooding? But then why do drunks sue not only the establishment that served them alcohol, but also the manufacturer of said alcohol? Where is the owning up to personal responsibility? No one made him drink that alcohol, no one made him get in that vehicle at 2 a.m., and no one made him run head on into a family of 4 and leave two innocent children without their parents!

I agree with you I just don't know what is happening to people nowadays.... so much easier to lay blame elsewhere than own up to we were wrong!!!!! [&o]

Old 06-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hummernewby

Hi HummerGuy, hehehehehe no, didn't think I had enough brains to be a lawyer. I currently work in the Insurance Field and we see a lot of lawsuit cases etc come thru during our classes we must take to renew our licenses. I am in my senior year towards a Bachelor of Science in Human Relations and Business, then on to finish Masters in same field our counseling not entirely sure just yet which further road to pursue. My husband is a disabled Vietnam Veteran so I am really looking into working in the Government field. I see so many of our veterans being denied benefits and others receive them who shouldn't. I just feel the need to stand up and be a voice for them and try and help!
It's VERY ironic you tell me this. I have a 60 year old friend (mind you, I'm 31) who is a very good friend of mine. He is also a Vietnam vet. I was speaking to him today because he moved on from Chicago to another company in San Diego, and these morons here misplaced his Purple Heart, Silver Star, and some other awards he had in his office. I'm in the process of hunting them down for him now. I'm VERY ticked off about it, mainly because I was on them about keeping track of this stuff. He was a Marine for a long time, and went into law after that. He's honestly the only person in my life I would consider a role model. It disturbed me so much to know he's been fighting for PTSD support from the VA for a LONG time and today finally got the word it was approved. Even though he has veteran friends in Congress, apparently that's not enough. I just thought I'd share all of that since I've been dealing with it all day long. He's a tough guy, and in amazing shape. He's probably the most loyal friend a person can have. I wish you the best of luck! And for the love of anything or anybody, DON'T be an attorney

Old 06-29-2007, 10:47 PM

I understand his frustration and yours in attempting to help him get his much deserved benefits. My husband's records were conventiently "lost" for over ten years. It was only after we married and I began to raise hell with the VA that his records were mysteriously found, it took another two years fighting tooth and nail with the DAV's support before he was granted his disability rating. In the eyes of the VA, PTSD is very hard to claim benefits under I don't know why but it is... make sure that they go back to the original filing date when they award his benefit rating!!!!!! He could stand to lose a large amount of money if they don't....I'm not sure what part of the country you are in but contact the DAV they can give you some much needed support in locating his medals. Stay on them! Good luck.

Jenn

Old 07-01-2007, 09:32 PM

at least they are keeping your story at the top of the forum brian

Old 07-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Brian's story is supposed to air either today or tomorrow in the Baltimore/DC area. I'm trying to find out when.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Hummer Guy is there any way you can post a link to the news story?

Jenn

Old 07-10-2007, 04:31 PM

Hey guys,

The interview will definetly air tomorrow (Wednesday July 11th, 2007) between 500-600pm on CBS Channel 9 in the Washington D.C. and Maryland area. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

- Brian B.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM

Hey guys,

Hereare a few sites that the interview video is posted on - my myspace page, youtube, and also on WUSA CBS9 news. That would be awesome if you could check it out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xUoxZQhg52E

http://www.wusa9.com/rss/local_article.aspx?storyid=60625

http://www.myspace.com/bman5588

(I fixed your links - HG)

Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM

What a breathtaking story Brian. You are an inspiration to everyone.

Glad to have you as part of the Hummer team.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:56 PM

Kleenex anyone?...Awesome, awesome, awesome..I'm proud to say I know you Brian in someway...

I hope you get your HUMMER soon!

And who said Miracles don't happen?

Quick Reply: Story and Sponsorship