PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Story and Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Story and Sponsorship

The get rich quick sues it seems are usually people who lose a toe or spill coffee on thier lap. Doesn't involve much medical coverage and they heal just fine. With all these crazy lawsuits setting precident, its going to get harder and harder to make your millions in this country though!!
I was hoping the mcdonalds causing obesity one would work out. That way, you could pick a tasty resturaunt and eat it every meal every day. If you got fat...youre an instant millionaire! OR..if you got skinny...pull a Jared and be an instant millionaire too! I thought it was going to bea win win.. oh well...back to working to get by until I run full speedinto an automaticdoor at wal-mart that didn't open fast enough and break my nose...

Old 06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

You have to wonder how many people spilled coffee on themselves after that suit was settled. There had to be at least a handful of people out there that tried it.

"Sorry I was weaving officer, but hey, I just spilled this scolding-hot coffee on myself and I'm going to be a millionaire, so if you don't give me a ticket, I'll cut you in for a piece"

Old 06-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

This just goes to prove I'm still the "post tangent" king!

I added Brian as a friend on myspace and told him to come back to us and say hi. Hopefully he has time to come and post a few words!

Old 06-28-2007, 07:06 PM

I don't even know where to start guys, geez! lol This is crazy, I feel like an overnight celebrity or something, but I really appreciate all the kind words from everyone because it means a lot! sincereley. To start clarifying some things, yeah, this story is as real as it gets, and I didn't post it up here to try and mooch some products or whatever lol but after going through all that drama with the accident, hospital fees and almost a million dollars worth of medical bills, my family and I can't afford to get a new vehicle for me to drive so I'm having to rely on my mom and dad to get me everywhere I need to go, especially to school and to get to my training for the ironman - the only vehicle that I ever wanted was a Hummer just because of how big and strong they are, and ever since the accident, I can't go into smaller vehicles because I get some pretty intense flashbacks. Alice in Chains, oh yes, I'm a HUGE fan of all their music, but after Layne passed away unfortunately, I havnt felt the same since because he was irreplaceable. When I threw those lyrics in with my message from that song, it was the song that I was listening to at the time, but "it aint like that" anymore... lol I'm not a millionaire, I am a college student that is just trying to live life to the fullest and acheive all the goals that I had before the accident, especially with swimming in college and competing in an ironman triathlon - my mom is a government employee and my dad isa construction worker. Most of all, I'm just trying to hopefully inspire other people out there in the world who have gone through my situation, or may have already experiences it, or possibly even know a person or a family dealing with that kind of tragedy. Honestly, guys I'm just happy as hell to be here and I really really appreciate all the support from you all. As far as my myspace page, that is run by myself and if anyone wants to send a message or add a friend request I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I hope this clears some stuff up, but if anyone lives in the Maryland and Washington D.C. area, please watch CBS Channel 9 tomorrow between 5-6 because they are going to run a story on me going from my deathbed back to the pool. Thanks again for everything guys, and I'll write back soon. Take care and have a great evening.

- Brian B.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 AM

The woman you are referring to in the McDonald's coffee suit suffered over third degree burns on her legs/other areas.
The coffee was well over the temperature limit set for restaurants; yes I agree she shouldn't of been trying to drink coffee and drive but McDonald's assumed some liability in serving coffee at over 140 degrees (I believe temp. is right). We went over this in a Business Ethics Insuranceclass the information that was released to the public left out quite a bit of material.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:23 AM

She did require quite extensive medical treatment, skin grafts etc. Again the information released to the public was definitely in McDonald's favor. They purchase the beans for cents a cup and make over $1m a day in coffee sales alone...

Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 AM

Why not? Smokers sue the tobacco companies and win all the time.... Society has become such a sue happy state of affairs no wonder you get the outrageous suits like Dennis mentioned earlierthe Judge (yes I said a Judge) who sued for his pants not being done right.... It overshadows the truly legitimate lawsuits and ties up the courts... we the consumer in turn pay higher prices...
Legislation was passed to limit the amount an individual can claim for damages from a doctors mal-practice but you can have any idiot sue for his pants being screwed up at a cleaners! What they cost him maybe $50-250 (he's a judge after all no wal-mart pants for him) and he wants millions???? But a Doctor can maim a person for life and the plaintiff may get $250,000 (not all states have same cap but you get the general idea).

Then you have the woman here in Texas who is blaming the fire department and police for not rescuing her 13 year old son from the flooding two nights ago. What in the heck was he doing out in the pouring down rain, by a creek where we've had flooding for the past few weeks? How are they to blame? They tried like hell to get her son, but he just couldn't hold on long enough to rescue him. Mother was quoted as saying "They didn't try hard enough to save my son, they could of jumped in and got him out of the water." Hello, the water was rushing down the creek at over 40 mph! But we are to blame for her not watching her own son! See this is what's wrong with people today, don't take blame for anything yourself, it's easier to blame others and if that doesn't work sue baby sue......

Ok sorry, got off on a rant here.... please take this is the good nature it was intended....

Jenn

Old 06-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Hey HummerNewby; you aren't by any chance studying to be an attorney are you? I'm just curious since I work with about 300 of them on a daily basis Just by your typing style you seem to be. I'm just curious so don't worry, I'm not asking you to be negative

Old 06-29-2007, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: hummernewby

The woman you are referring to in the McDonald's coffee suit suffered over third degree burns on her legs/other areas.
The coffee was well over the temperature limit set for restaurants; yes I agree she shouldn't of been trying to drink coffee and drive but McDonald's assumed some liability in serving coffee at over 140 degrees (I believe temp. is right). We went over this in a Business Ethics Insuranceclass the information that was released to the public left out quite a bit of material.

While I've heard the details about her medical requirements before there's one little piece here we have left out .. COMMON SENSE. Coffe is served hot, usually piping hot. I've personally NEVER bought a cup of coffee in this country that wasn't too hot to drink right away, that's how coffee should be served. To me sticking a cup of piping hot liquid between my legs as I drive off just doesn't seem like a very intelligent thing to do, regardless of the lid.

Why assume accountability if you can get rich not doing it!? That's basically what I think it it bottoms down too .. Same thing with the boys mother .. why the hell did she allow him out to that creek when she knew what was going? Sounds more like a case of pizz poor parenting rather than anything else. I guess if they would have increased the death tool by jumping in themselves it would've been ok? I don't flippin get it ..

Old 06-29-2007, 03:49 PM

Hi HummerGuy, hehehehehe no, didn't think I had enough brains to be a lawyer. I currently work in the Insurance Field and we see a lot of lawsuit cases etc come thru during our classes we must take to renew our licenses. I am in my senior year towards a Bachelor of Science in Human Relations and Business, then on to finish Masters in same field our counseling not entirely sure just yet which further road to pursue. My husband is a disabled Vietnam Veteran so I am really looking into working in the Government field. I see so many of our veterans being denied benefits and others receive them who shouldn't. I just feel the need to stand up and be a voice for them and try and help!

Quick Reply: Story and Sponsorship