PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Stock H3 navi...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Default Stock H3 navi...

I'm new to the forums (just bought my H3 about a week ago), just wondering if anyone knows where I could find a stock navigation unit to replace the 6 disc changer. I've found them on eBay and other places on the net but I hate to shell out $2300 on one... thanks in advance!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Default RE: Stock H3 navi...

I have a stock unit in my H3, but I think the aftermarket one may offer better features. While the navigation seems ok, it does not accept MP3, which bites.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:11 AM

Keep checking eBay....I've seen them on there for under a grand!!

Old 01-24-2007, 03:40 AM

ORIGINAL: tarheel_34

I'm new to the forums (just bought my H3 about a week ago), just wondering if anyone knows where I could find a stock navigation unit to replace the 6 disc changer. I've found them on eBay and other places on the net but I hate to shell out $2300 on one... thanks in advance!
I just picked up my 2007 H3 at Christmas, and it came with the 6 cd changer as well. I lucked out and found a guy (who posted on this forum) who sold me a factory NAV unit at a very reasonable price. I have not installed it yet, but will see how it goes. I did see some cheap prices on NAV units on ebay, but remember you need to get the head unit, the NAV DVD, and a GPS antenna to make it complete. So be informed when shopping for a deal.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Thanks guys... sounds like it is a lot easier to just buy an aftermarket and be done with it... that's more than likely what I will do...

Old 01-25-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

I just picked up my 2007 H3 at Christmas, and it came with the 6 cd changer as well. I lucked out and found a guy (who posted on this forum) who sold me a factory NAV unit at a very reasonable price. I have not installed it yet, but will see how it goes. I did see some cheap prices on NAV units on ebay, but remember you need to get the head unit, the NAV DVD, and a GPS antenna to make it complete. So be informed when shopping for a deal.
I have one as well. Have you figured out where the antenna mounts inside the dash?
Thanks

Old 01-25-2007, 02:50 AM

In my prior experiances it is better to go with an aftermarket unit....the Alpine's are 10 times better of a unit and will set you back less tahn what you will buy a stocker for. Plus the alpine has more power, better maps, more memory and not to mention that your sound system will sound better also.

good luck with your decision and if you need help feel free to drop me a pm.

CCM...I will check into the gps antenna location for you, I haven't worked on one in an h3 yet but I will make a few calls to find out for you.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:08 AM

Thanks guys... sounds like it is a lot easier to just buy an aftermarket and be done with it... that's more than likely what I will do...
The aftermarket Nav units have way more functions than the OEM ones. I have an Eclipse and love it. I've also read good things about Pioneer!!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

In my prior experiances it is better to go with an aftermarket unit....the Alpine's are 10 times better of a unit and will set you back less tahn what you will buy a stocker for. Plus the alpine has more power, better maps, more memory and not to mention that your sound system will sound better also.

good luck with your decision and if you need help feel free to drop me a pm.

CCM...I will check into the gps antenna location for you, I haven't worked on one in an h3 yet but I will make a few calls to find out for you.
Yeah, after everything I am sorry I didn't go that route, but I ahve all of the parts sitting on my LR floor and am itching to put them in. I still have to mount that light bar and put on my new Husky mud flaps, then I think I am done with mods - for now. Oh yeah, the whole reason I wanted the nav unit was to install a rear-view camera - gotta put that in as well.

Thanks,
Paul

P.S. I am in Morristown, Arent you in NJ too?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:04 PM

Yea, I'm in Woodbridge.

Quick Reply: Stock H3 navi...