PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Still can't find the leak!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Cool Still can't find the leak!

Hey guys

I purchased a 2007 H2 about 6 months ago - I really love it especially now that I had to get a loaner Trail Blazer. I can't believe how much I miss the H2. There is really nothing else like it

Anyway I have a over head leak on the passenger side just over the glove box just next to the front wind shield. I have read about them from time to time on these forums and tried to fix it my self. it is not too bad - just a few drips like from a eye dropper

I thought it was the roof marker light - so I made a gasket for under the light housing and also siliconed the rubber plug where the wires go into the roof that power the light.

I also looked very carefully at the way the light is installed and it looks like all the water that accumulates on the roof drains under the light. The light sits on a small type of riser so the water can drain off of the roof under the light in some kind if track, so even if I installed the gasket under the light assembly itself correctly (thinking that was where the water was getting in) - water still flows under the light assembly anyway - so the gasket in not the problem. I also siliconed the rubber plug really good and poured water on top of the plug and no leak - so it can't be that

Well I took it into the dealer (still under warranty) and they have had it 4 times. They replaced the fount wind shield - Replaced some kind of seal and also sent it to a body shop and told me they found some kind of a factory defect somewhere around the leak and they fixed that (factory defect? that is kinda weird!)- so they thought the problem was fixed, however now that some snow melted - the leak came back and I brought it back to the dealer and they have it now again.

I wish they would test it before send me home to find the problem again

So today they pressure tested the wind shield and that looks good and Monday it goes back to the body shop to see if they can find anything there.

I am pretty sure it is not the sun roof - so I was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems. I searched a few forums and found a few issues close, but it looks like a few folks have fixed the issue like this with the marker light and silicone, and my problem seems to be a little different.

I did notice that if I pour water into the track that the luggage racks mount into it starts to leak right away - so I think the problem is there somewhere

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks!

XENO

PS - here is my H2 - I bought it on Ebay and the car place still has it listed on there website (I wounder why)

http://www.globalmotorcars.com/image...tockNumber=934

Old 01-31-2009, 04:14 AM

Mine did the same thing a couple of time but on the drivers side. I found it was the roof marker light, it was cracked. Did you check your drain tubes that run from the sunroof? There is one on each side. If one or both are plugged it might cause the leak also. I know you probably checked but I wanted to mention it just in case. Good luck!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Smile Leak Fixed!

Got my rig back from the dealer and the leak was coming from a seam under the roof rack.

The body shop took off the roof racks and in the front near the passenger marker light there is some kind of mounting system and under there was the leak. (weird because the leak came out need the wind shield just over the glove box)

anyway I poured a gallon of water into the area and so far so good - no water.

I hope this might help someone that has the same issue

XENO

Old 07-13-2009, 09:24 AM

I have a 2005 H2 SUT with only 20k miles (but out of warranty due to age). Last night we had a pretty heavy storm and I noticed a "puddle" of water on the front passenger side floorboard. When I pulled the carpet up and there was a great deal of water in the wiring channel along the kick panel and the entire front floorboard was full of water...

I noticed that my front passenger side corner marker light was loose... could that cause the problem i am having? where and how do the corner marker lights drain?

Also since i am out of warranty... is the roof rack something that i can fix on my own if that ends up being the problem?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

thanks!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 PM

to clarify... the marker light that was loose was the front corner roof lamp on the passenger side... thanks.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Banned
Default [url=http://www.fortuneave.com/dental-insurance.html]dental insurance[/url]

Originally Posted by PJ H2 SUT
I have a 2005 H2 SUT with only 20k miles (but out of warranty due to age). Last night we had a pretty heavy storm and I noticed a "puddle" of water on the front passenger side floorboard. When I pulled the carpet up and there was a great deal chicago real estate of water in the wiring channel along the kick panel and the entire front floorboard was full of water...

I noticed that my front passenger side corner marker light was loose... could that cause the problem i am having? where and how do the corner marker lights drain?

Also since i am out of warranty... is the roof rack something that i can fix on my own if that ends up being the problem?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

thanks!
this is a mine did the same thing a couple of time but on the drivers side. I found it was the roof marker light, it was cracked. Did you check your drain tubes that run from houston mortgage loans the sunroof? There is one on each side. If one or both are plugged it might cause the leak also. I know you probably checked but I wanted to mention it just in case. Good luck! its your perfect answer because this is really a common issue Thanks

Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 PM

turned out that it was the corner marker light... sealed it with some silicone and no more leak...

Old 02-20-2010, 04:02 PM

When you say that you put silicone around the lights.. did you just apply the silicone around the light itself while it was on the truck, or did you remove it and silicone inside of the light, then put it back on????

Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 PM

I'm experiencing a sometime water leak also. I live in the Seattle area and when it rains heavily I get a puddle in the right rear compartment by the extra seat. It's worrisome but not all the time. I'm going to contact GM, (I know, good luck there), to see if they wil do something. I have an extended warranty but I don't think the cover that. My H2 has about 50,000 on it.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Default Waterm leaking inside Hummer drivers side

I had alot of water leaking onto the drivers side floor. When I took it in to the shop they checked all the lights and the sunroof but could not find where it was leaking.
As a last resort, they removed the inside panel on the drivers door and found that the deflector inside the door was broken, thus allowing the water to drain into the car rather than go to the drain. If all else fails, try this.
Hope it helps

Quick Reply: Still can't find the leak!