PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Stay AWAY From Trxus Super Swampers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:48 PM

I will second the smoothness of the liquid balancing. I could NOT believe the ride quality of that truck having as much done to it as possible. That is until I drove it. It is WAY smoother than any vehicle I have been in. I was amazed that the tires didn't pull or feel like they were out of round. I would try the liquid balancing for sure and see how you like it.

My tires were made in the U.S.A. and I love them. Best tires I have ever purchased. Carry on!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
That's not entirely true.....

in fact... most of it isn't true.....

My brand new IROK's were made in the USA.... there are and always have been a few of there tires made in China and that was done on purpose to keep costs low...

Call them.... they will and do tell you exactly where every single tire is and was made...
Originally Posted by SundownAudioNY
You may or may not know but most of Interco tires were made by Denman tire. Denman filed chapter 7 bankruptcy last year and they were forced to closed there doors shortly after. Interco then had to contract a new manufacture for there tires and the bid went to a company in China. This is why Interco is having so many back orders and issues. All the molds have been sent to China with the exception of the Bogger, Irok and Thornbird which are still being made in America by Specialty Tires Of America. My questions for you is, were are YOUR Trxus M/T's made (it should say on the tire or you can use the first two digits/letters of the DOT number to find out). I recently purchased a set of 35x10.50-16 Boggers and they are still made in the USA. I didn't have a problem balancing them but they did take quite a bit of weight (but that is to be expected for such an aggressive tread pattern).
Muddy, you might not have read my entire post, I said with the exception of the Irok, Bogger & Thornbird which are still being made in the USA by the same company that has always made them. You are correct some of the largest size super swampers have been made in China for some time to keep cost low but the majority WAS made here.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:28 AM

Also, like I said Muddy my Boggers that I purchased about a month ago were made in the USA.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:37 AM

Little O/T but if you want to know were your tires are made you can use the first two digits/letters to find out. Here is a list of all the DOT tire plant codes - All the D.O.T. Tire Plant Codes

Here is the DOT code on my Interco Bogger and the first two digits of the DOT code are 3U. Using the above site you can see that the tires were made by SPECIALTY TIRES OF AMERICA in UNICOI, TENNESSEE.

Last edited by SundownAudioNY; 08-02-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 AM

Those tires are well known for this problem. I didn't read the entire thread but you can try placing about a cup of airsoft pellets in your tires or go the route mentioned above with liquid balancing. Seems strange but might work. I did this on a set of Dick Cepek Crushers and it worked well with no balancing. My 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers have little or no weight on 18" Rockstars. Tires are most likely perfect (or near) and the weight is most likely for the rim. Remember bad rims can have a lot to do with the balancing. I know a ton of people that have had sidewall blowouts with this tire......not good for rocks but decent in the mud.

Last edited by 08JJ; 08-02-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
Use liquid balancing.... my 41's are smoother than my wife's stock BFG's....

The shop that did mine is a real tire shop.... not Pep Boys... he told me he thought he had the right amount in, and asked me to take him for a test drive to verify.... and it's CHEAP.... I paid $20 a tire to mount and $11.52 to balance... and as PERFECT as they are I would have gladly paid $100 each...

if the shop can't do it... RUN... they are clueless...

that was gonna be my suggestion. they also have a powder that works well too, but you get a shake for the forst little bit of driving because it settles at the bottom of the tire.

you should also know that every tire I have ever worked with will have a white or red dot on the tire that is supposed to be lined up with the valve stem and if is not it will play hell with balancing them. Just personal experience.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 AM

I just checked and my Trxus Super Swampers are also "Made in the USA"..

Last edited by CodyB; 08-02-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by skeeter
that was gonna be my suggestion. they also have a powder that works well too, but you get a shake for the forst little bit of driving because it settles at the bottom of the tire.

you should also know that every tire I have ever worked with will have a white or red dot on the tire that is supposed to be lined up with the valve stem and if is not it will play hell with balancing them. Just personal experience.
My guy talked me out of the equal... because he said that if I aired down enough times that some of it was going to get in the bead and eventually start leaking...

he also said that I would be unhappy with it in the long run because I am using on-board air and that was going to put too much water in there over time...

Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 AM

Finally had the junk super swampers taken off since they couldnt get rid of the severe vibration and then had the new BFG All-Terain KO's mounted.. What a world of difference in ride quality and I'm back to not having any vibrations and they ride realy nice.. I still wish I would of went to a more agressive MT tire but I just wanted my smooth ride back again and so my wife was happy again since this is her truck... If my wife isnt happy, knowone is happy
I had to lighten the photo so the tires would show up better..

Name:  All.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  78.9 KB

Old 08-04-2011, 01:34 PM

The swampers looked good . Got any more pictures? . Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Interco (I have personally never had a problem) but I hope you enjoy the BFGoodrich T/A KO's. They will wear good and you will get plenty of life out of them.

Quick Reply: Stay AWAY From Trxus Super Swampers