PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Stay AWAY From Trxus Super Swampers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:37 PM

My 33x12.5-16 TKO's will be here on Wednesday.. I'm mounting on stock wheels too.. However, after having the Super Swampers on the stock wheels, and seeing how "tucked" they were, I think it would look a little nicer to have a little more negative offset to bring them out just a smidge.. Maybe an inch or so..

Old 08-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Use liquid balancing.... my 41's are smoother than my wife's stock BFG's....

The shop that did mine is a real tire shop.... not Pep Boys... he told me he thought he had the right amount in, and asked me to take him for a test drive to verify.... and it's CHEAP.... I paid $20 a tire to mount and $11.52 to balance... and as PERFECT as they are I would have gladly paid $100 each...

if the shop can't do it... RUN... they are clueless...

Old 08-01-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
Use liquid balancing.... my 41's are smoother than my wife's stock BFG's....

The shop that did mine is a real tire shop.... not Pep Boys... he told me he thought he had the right amount in, and asked me to take him for a test drive to verify.... and it's CHEAP.... I paid $20 a tire to mount and $11.52 to balance... and as PERFECT as they are I would have gladly paid $100 each...

if the shop can't do it... RUN... they are clueless...
That sounds pretty interesting, I'll bring that up when I'm there.. Thanks for the info!!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

If you need proof, let me put a cup of water in my cup holder and video tape a ride down the road....

Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
If you need proof, let me put a cup of water in my cup holder and video tape a ride down the road....
Make it even more interesting by adding a Beta fish to the cup of water

Old 08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

LOL.... isn't that what they give away at the street fairs?

Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 PM

Mr fancy pants if you live by Lockport you might want to talk to Ken at Niagara Performance. He got my rims, 35"mtz's, and rancho lift. Also installed them all.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

or find a McCarthy's.... They have mounted and balanced 3 sets of my personal Interco tires, and 1 set of a friend's.... plus all my commercial tires are done there as well...

and they are all perfect...

I'm not counting the 2 tires they repaired on my wife's and rebalanced....

2 different stores....

Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 PM

You may or may not know but most of Interco tires were made by Denman tire. Denman filed chapter 7 bankruptcy last year and they were forced to closed there doors shortly after. Interco then had to contract a new manufacture for there tires and the bid went to a company in China. This is why Interco is having so many back orders and issues. All the molds have been sent to China with the exception of the Bogger, Irok and Thornbird which are still being made in America by Specialty Tires Of America. My questions for you is, were are YOUR Trxus M/T's made (it should say on the tire or you can use the first two digits/letters of the DOT number to find out). I recently purchased a set of 35x10.50-16 Boggers and they are still made in the USA. I didn't have a problem balancing them but they did take quite a bit of weight (but that is to be expected for such an aggressive tread pattern).

Old 08-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

That's not entirely true.....

in fact... most of it isn't true.....

My brand new IROK's were made in the USA.... there are and always have been a few of there tires made in China and that was done on purpose to keep costs low...

Call them.... they will and do tell you exactly where every single tire is and was made...

Quick Reply: Stay AWAY From Trxus Super Swampers