PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

The state trooper got me

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by mbone20
He said If I get the fender flares on by the hearing my citation will be cleared but I think every fender flares I have seen for the H3 are horrendous. and simple-quick-fix Ideas I could throw on there for the hearing so I can just take them off after and hopefully I don't stopped again?
Have you seen these ?
EG Classics Inc.: Products

Old 04-28-2011, 05:15 PM

Sure - for a quick fix just get some rubber mud flaps, trim if necessary, and slap them on at an angle. At least that's good enough for Utah (had to go to the police station and have them verify they are sufficient). Honestly though, if your tires stick out that much do everyone behind you a favor and just put flares on. In my case they only stuck out maybe an inch, but after the lift the stock flaps covered less than half the tire. Flaps at an angle and going about half way down the tire is what I did - was deemed acceptable, and while still not strictly 100% legal (tires stuck out past the fenders a bit), the area that is likely to throw rocks was covered.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
Have you seen these ?
EG Classics Inc.: Products
will these cover 35's?

Old 04-28-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by mbone20
will these cover 35's?
I am sorry to say, I have no idea
Give them a call and tell them your tire size and wheels
I would imagine they'd know what tire size the flares would cover
Good luck

Old 04-28-2011, 07:16 PM

Get bigger tires and move to Arkansas...

Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 PM

A quick and simple (and easily removable) option is go to Home depot and get a roll of lawn edging. Cut to fit. Drill the lip so its not noticeable and remove after.

I used to have a Jeep as well on 35 MTR's. Edging is your friend.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:33 PM

I am headed through PA next week....I put my back mudflaps back on today....hopefully they will not say anything.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 PM

The H3's what come with the factory fender flares require to drill holes in the fenders...so not just an easy put on and take off later.
The law about sticking out tires is common world wide...and the reason why the export Hummres come usually with the fender flares.
Some countries take it very serious and count in even the side walls...
The main reason behind and this is be honest not so stupid is that debris does not get uncontrolled catapulted from your tires in any direction (up, front, ...).
Believe me I also like sticking out tires...but some laws are not so stupid if you just think a little bit about the reason behind.

Check also your laws regarding marker lights...
Usually marker lights have to be positioned at the outer limit...what you would extend with the fender flares and may require the ugly marker lights like I have it (see attachment).

Attached Thumbnails The state trooper got me-h3-front.jpg