PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

starting to make it mine

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Talking starting to make it mine

i have had my H3 for about a year now and i have not done anything to it besides put a system in it. right before i left to deploy i blew my subs (and box) but the amp is still good so im going to just get a new box and subs. my question is has anybody had a good experiance with any 15" subs (going to get 2 of them) that can hyandle 2k watt lightning audio amp. all the subs ive found that can handle 800-1400 is from brands iv personally never seen or heard of.

my next thing is i just orderd a small lift
http://www.roughcountry.com/hummer-h3-lift-kit_920.php
im sure a couple people will dissagree with this purchase but its not like buying something thats to expensive. but im confused with something. the site says the H3 will now be able to run 33" tires after the 2.5 lift. but i have also read that the stock H3 can take 35 anyway. sooooo i dont know what will really work lol.

or how will your tire and rim sizes changeif you do a drop on it and what are some prefferd methods to lower it say 3"

i cannot afford new rims so i was also wondering if anybody has painted thier stock rims before and opinions on painting the stock rims and putting a bigger tire on it.

i also orderd a k&n air-intake
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes ... 6A0A0.aspx
and a gibson dual extreme exhaust system (catback)
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mu ... 0A0A0.aspx

has anybody used this perticular inatke or exhaust before? do you think its worth it?

Thank you all in advance

Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM

RETURN THE LIFT KIT. YOU DO NOT NEED IT.

You can fit the following on a STOCK H3:

285/75R16
305/70R16
315/75R16

A 1/2" drive breaker bar and 27mm socket is all you need to turn the torsion bar bolts. Measure from center of the axle shaft to the wheel well. Do not exceed 24". 23.50" is max for safe CV shaft and steering angles. Stock should be 22.50". No adjustment to the rear needed. Adjust to desired height, drive around and work the suspension. Re-measure and adjust until it settles where you want it. Then get an alignment.

https://www.trailduty.com/product_in...0ee2f9d53aa9df

Trail Duty Hummer H3 Extended Front Bump Stops
Two Sizes: +1/2" and +1"
If you have leveled the front end of your Hummer H3 by adjusting the torsion bars, you may well notice that you suffer from front end dive when braking and excessive suspension movement.
The Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops will cure this problem. Available in two sizes, +1/2" and +1", these poly bump stops will help prevent nose dive and reduce excessive suspension movement.
Important: The best way to assess which bump stop size is suitable for your vehicle is to measure the distance between the existing bump stop and the lower a-arm, (after adjusting the torsion bars). Ideally you want the new bump stops to have small gap, 1/8" - 1/4". It is important the new bump stops are not resting on the a-arm or supporting the vehicle weight.
The +1/2" bump stops are recommended for most applications. +1" are not recommended for off-road use.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:24 AM

I run that exact exhaust/intake setup. I love it. you will really enjoy the sound of the vehicle after you are done.

the only thing I don't like is the fact that it is now an open intake instead of being in a box. If you don't wheel it that much, it's not that big of a deal.

Last edited by skeeter; 08-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by telemike
RETURN THE LIFT KIT. YOU DO NOT NEED IT.

You can fit the following on a STOCK H3:

285/75R16
305/70R16
315/75R16

A 1/2" drive breaker bar and 27mm socket is all you need to turn the torsion bar bolts. Measure from center of the axle shaft to the wheel well. Do not exceed 24". 23.50" is max for safe CV shaft and steering angles. Stock should be 22.50". No adjustment to the rear needed. Adjust to desired height, drive around and work the suspension. Re-measure and adjust until it settles where you want it. Then get an alignment.

https://www.trailduty.com/product_in...0ee2f9d53aa9df

but with the setup that i ordered wouldent the extended shackel still give it more of a lift without using the torsion bars?

i honestly dont know lol im learning a little bit everyday

Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 AM

You don't need the shackles. Most lift the front 1" to level it out and get rid of the butt in the air look. If you lift the front 1" and raise the back 2" you get the stink bug look and gain nothing. You can clear 35" tires in the back with NO lift.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by telemike
You don't need the shackles. Most lift the front 1" to level it out and get rid of the butt in the air look. If you lift the front 1" and raise the back 2" you get the stink bug look and gain nothing. You can clear 35" tires in the back with NO lift.
so then what type of lift should i be looking at that doesnt require me to set my wallet on fire?

im just lookin to even it out and gain a couple inchs.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by spazz8448
so then what type of lift should i be looking at that doesnt require me to set my wallet on fire?

im just lookin to even it out and gain a couple inchs.
Hey bud, don't buy that lift. I'm gonna be honest and try to help you out here.

You can put 35 inch tires (which are plenty big) on your H3 without that lift kit. There's a very good step-by-step post of how to do a torsion bar lift somewhere on this forum. Do a search for "torsion bar lift". It's ridiculously simple, and you'll only need a couple tools. It will definately even your rig out and won't even scratch your wallet (assuming you have a wrench and measuring tape). You'll need an alignment after, however.

As for the intake, the moderator of this forum sells the AirDocs intake. It's a very nice, and good quality piece, and you'll want a drop in filter to go with it as well.

-Paul

Old 08-28-2013, 01:32 PM

alright so lets say the trucks front end is level with the rear via torsion bar about what hight will you get out of them after that?. it was my understanding that the torsion bar lift was used more as a leveling technique.

wouldnt torsion bar lift put stress on othe components of the vehicle?

and when i said i didnt want my wallet to catch on fire i didnt mean free i have a little play money.

i am looking for something close to 4" but the only lift ive found thats been getting good reviews is a ranchero but i dont have "THAT" kind of money sittin around.

i have about 300$ ill put into this my biggest thing was wondering how many options do i really have?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 PM

alright so lets say the trucks front end is level with the rear via torsion bar about what hight will you get out of them after that?. it was my understanding that the torsion bar lift was used more as a leveling technique. Yes It levels the front to roughly the same height as the rear. An H3 that's been leveled instantly looks higher. You are bringing up the front almost 2".

wouldnt torsion bar lift put stress on othe components of the vehicle? Absolutely NOT !!!!

...i have about 300$ ill put into this my biggest thing was wondering how many options do i really have? Leveling costs NOTHING except a front end alignment afterwards (which you would need to get if using a "kit" or "keys" too)
The biggest change noticable on an H3 is adding larger aggressive tires. That costs $$$ so save your money towards that.
You could have gotten an AirDoc intake for half the price of a K&N too.

My truck on 35" (315/75/16) Goodyear Duratracs with just the torsion bar adjustment (2+ years ago with no problems)

Name:  7a9bd9c0-1fe3-4c1b-8b01-57b37e9e92e5_zps6b728c1e.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  112.4 KB

i cannot afford new rims so i was also wondering if anybody has painted thier stock rims before and opinions on painting the stock rims and putting a bigger tire on it.
A few of the guys have had good results doing thier rims with PlastiDip.
Most of us run 33" tires (285/75/16 or 305/70/16) or 35" tires (315/75/16) on stock 16" rims.

One other thing that will make your truck look higher is if you have side steps (nerf bars) - TAKE THEM OFF !!!

Last edited by Bunger; 08-28-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:34 PM

Quick Reply: starting to make it mine