PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

sprint booster for hummer h3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Default sprint booster for hummer h3?

hey guys. i'm wondering if anybody has used a sprint booster before. I did a search on here and the web...cant find anything except for a reference to it in a thread a long time ago. i want to improve the excelleration...thaught this might do the trick. I do have a new tuned pcm coming in a couple of days, thaught this might be a good addition to it. or will the tuned pcm take care of this issue? thanks for any advice.!

Old 05-13-2013, 01:34 AM

The Sprint Booster will not aid in acceleration at all, all it is in essence is an amplifier for your throttle. If you have a SB and you depress the throttle pedal 1/4, the signal will be amplified and the vehicle will respond as if you have depressed the throttle more, up to 50% depending on the setting. It's a true placebo effect. Quite a few guys on another forum I frequent have used them.

Almost every tune I've seen has a bit of this throttle re calibration in it to give the driver a better feel of raw power off the line, after you install your new PCM I'm sure you'll feel exactly what I'm describing.