PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sparkplugs.com specials

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Default Sparkplugs.com specials

SparkPlugs.com is happy to now be a part of the HummerForums.com family, and to kick of the month of December, we'd like to run a few specials for you. Below is a list of the products we carry, what would you like to see us start a special or group buy on?

NGK: spark plugs, AFX Air/Fuel Ratio Monitors

KYB shocks

K&N: air filters

Champion spark plugs

Autolite spark plugs

Splitfire: spark plugs and gauges

Mitchell Online Repair Manual

Old 12-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Default RE: Sparkplugs.com specials

i know nothing about KYB shocks. are they street tuned, or beefy and meant to be abused - say, 26 miles of washboard at 45 MPH abuse?

Old 12-01-2006, 06:00 PM

KYB has a few different product lines inteneded for different uses.

The GR-2 are the OE-identical "soft ride" shock
Gas-A-Just (KG-series) are heavy duty, made for weight, and have a stiffer ride
Monomax are a combination of both, made for comfort with heavy load ability
AGX is their sporty, adjustable shock.

Unfortunatly, KYB's product line is very limited for the Hummer. They only have recommended shocks for the 03 and 04 H2:
Gas-A-Just:
KG5782 (front)
KG5194 (rear)

Monomax:
565102 (front)
565095 (rear)

Old 12-01-2006, 06:46 PM

how convenient, since I happen to have an '03 H2 in need of a stiffer ride up front. if you were to compare the Gas-A-just model of KYB (are they actually adjustable, or fixed?) against the Rancho 9000, which would you rate as the better product? I'm looking for an honest opinion, realizing that you're a distributor for KYB shouldn't cloud your judgement.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:56 PM

The Gas-A-Just aren't adjustable.

And to be completely honest with you, I haven't had any experience with any other shocks besides KYB - I'd ask around on the forum, maybe another member has had experience with both.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:00 PM

thanks for the answer. it seems kinda silly that they would name their shock "gas-a-just" when it's NOT adjustable. but, i guess that's why i'm not in marketing.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:04 PM

I agree it is misleading - I think the name refers to the gas-pressured shocks ability to adjust to road conditions.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:54 PM

Hey Sparky..Welcome

Can you tell me when you'll be getting anything in your product lines for an H3?

Old 12-04-2006, 12:18 PM

Welcome.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 PM

It usually takes automotive aftermarket manufacturers 2+ years after a vehicle is released, to come out with updated product recommendations. So we are just now starting to see a trickle of recommendations for 2005 models and they are starting to complete the 2004 data. So the bad news is, for 2006 vehicles, we won't see complete catalog data until the end of 2008. I know that really sucks for those of us that want to or even need to replace a few parts. So the good news is, there are other ways of getting part number recommendations without paying dealer prices. (for at least spark plugs, wire sets and o2 sensors) One way is by checking the owners manual for the OE spark plug. From there, we are usually able to cross over that plug number into any brand you are looking for. Alternatively, if you call the dealer to get the part number, even if they give you the vehicle manufacturer part number, and not the product part number, we are usually able to cross it over.

Quick Reply: Sparkplugs.com specials