PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Source for Used H3 Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
I suppose on could defend them self in a court of law by just turning the picture of the car in front of the judge around so the front of the car was facing them and say see, left side. But most reasonable people would read that and think thats the drivers side. Section 10 in the last 10 or so words of that lengthy post.

You just hit the nail in the head!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by pauldy
i suppose on could defend them self in a court of law by just turning the picture of the car in front of the judge around so the front of the car was facing them and say see, left side. But most reasonable people would read that and think thats the drivers side. Section 10 in the last 10 or so words of that lengthy post.
xxx 2

Old 09-24-2010, 04:05 AM

Gunrunner sorry about your thread getting hijacked, I've tried to refrain from posting on here for awhile but I couldn't hold out any longer.

Ok before I start my bashing here's the background, I've had my T since Jan of 2009 & I still won't post any any tech comments about it unless I know for sure. I've been a police officer in Florida since 1998, it took me all of 5 minutes to find & read the relevant NY statues on this.

For the love of GOD you just don't get it, stop posting BS info alot of us are on numerous forums, this is why you keep getting slammed. It started on CHO arguing w/ an engineer that was directly involved w/ the Hummer line & alot of expirenced long time Hummer owners. You wanted to start renaming the T/C system as your faux, suedo / simulated locker it's NOT it's called the traction control system learn to live w/ it.

Now onto the current.

"She prolly wont get a ticket for not having a ds-mirror. I know in NY you need "a minimum of two rearward facing mirrors"... so as long as the pass side is on you SHOULD be fine."
"This says nothing about NEEDING a ds mirror"

I'll give you half credit, actually 2/3 credit on this. If you take the time to read the statute & weed out the legalese BS yes 2 mirrors are required, 1 an inside rearview & 2 a left outside one (any vehicle made in the US the left side is the drivers side, which is what we're dealing w/ here) would you actually get a ticket for this alone, most likely not, but you can be stopped for it.

"Hey I've been known to be wrong. But a trooper told me as long as there are a total of 2 mirrors facing the rear you will be fine"

1 yes you have. 2 for every police officer that is willing to over look a minor traffic violation there is an equal number that will not. Many good felony cases have started w/ a simple traffic/parking violation, ted bundy, david berkowitz & tim mcveigh along w/ numerous drug trafficers have found this out the hard way.

"I guess I have to put a disclaimer on everything I type. Get real. I said chances are he wont have issues wit dem poooo lease"

1 good idea (smart *** sarcasm implied) better idea continue being a Hummer fan but spend more time reading posts than making BS ones. 2 I will not knock your service of our country please do not knock mine, it's Police Officer!

Last edited by JGBB04; 09-24-2010 at 04:42 AM.