PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sorry H3 Owner take it to Cadillac for repairs

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Default Sorry H3 Owner take it to Cadillac for repairs

Thats right the only Hummer dealer in Vegas has closed its doors only to open up a SMART CAR lot.
Take it to Cadillac for warranty & repairs.....WHAT??????
I had my H3 in for the last few warranty repairs on their last day as TOWBIN HUMMER....
When I picked it up after work, The SMART CAR sign was already up on the building...........
Kicking us to the curb !!

Old 09-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Default RE: Sorry H3 Owner take it to Cadillac for repairs

That's sad to hear. I thought Towbin was a fairly big dealership. I can't believe this is how things are going. I would think it had to be a personal decision to switch by the dealership owners because smart cars are not even a GM product. Have you heard why they switched?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:21 PM

My Hummer dealership (Central Hummer) is now Central GM, Pontiac, Buick, and Hummer.
Hummers still out front, cars everywhere else.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 PM

I heard they gave their license up to sell Hummers and just selling the Smart cars, they think there is more $$$$$ in it.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM

I saw this article today

Las Vegas Hummer Dealer, Largest In Country, Closes Doors
http://www.whipnotic.com/latest/las-...l?dl_trayclick

The WSJ reports that Towbin Hummer is the only Hummer dealer in Las Vegas, and the brand's biggest franchise in the US — at least it will be until tomorrow, when the dealership shuts its doors for good. While Towbin will be the eighth Hummer dealer to close this year (equivalent to five percent of the brand's dealers), it's perhaps the most significant due to its location and place on the sales charts. After all, when you stake your claim on being the biggest and the baddest, and Vegas rejects you, you've probably hit the end of the line. But the Towbin dealership closure isn't just a bust for ownerand self-described Hummer aficionado Dan Towbin; it's a big problem for GM too.

Jalopnik Snap Judgment: It's suddenly becoming more apparent why GM considers the sale of Hummer to be an "urgent" matter: perhaps it's because with every day that passes — and every dealer that closes — the value of the brand is dropping like we drop c-notes at the craps table. If GM wants to get anything out of this deal, they have to act quickly. Evidence is mounting that keeping Hummer as a viable concern in the US market is unlikely, so any potential suitors will need to come from countries with a strong market for over-the-top SUVs — Russia or somewhere in the Middle

Old 09-16-2008, 08:42 PM

Yeah,..my Hummer dealer also sells Bentley, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Spyker and Mazaratti. (I always check out the Bugatti Veyrons when I'm there).

Lots of Hummers on the lot. 50 - 70 I'd say. Mostly H3's.

My cousin in Arizona just turned in his 2003 Porsche Twin Turbo X50 for a Smart Car. Can't figure it out. I guess his daughters think it's cool.

He bought it from my local dealer here in Bloomfield Michigan. It's the U.S. headquarters (Penske/Smart of Bloomfield). There was a 3 month wait in Az. He got one same day here and had it shipped. Me....I'd stick with the Porsche.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:09 PM

Some buddies and I have a wave we give to Smart car drivers (we are all Hummer drivers 4 of us)....we hold our arm out the window and put our thumb and index finger about 1" apart (showing them how big their unit must be to drive such a sissy car).

But, as everyone who lives in Michigan knows,those Smart cars wont be worth 2 ***** in the snow (if we get what the Almanac says we should get) and we can all laugh when they are stuck - I know I am a d!ck....but it is fun

check out this from months ago:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_55351/tm.htm

it's a bit graphic on the second page but you get the idea...Charles Darwin at work

Old 09-17-2008, 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: joewcob3

Some buddies and I have a wave we give to Smart car drivers (we are all Hummer drivers 4 of us)....we hold our arm out the window and put our thumb and index finger about 1" apart (showing them how big their unit must be to drive such a sissy car).

But, as everyone who lives in Michigan knows,those Smart cars wont be worth 2 ***** in the snow (if we get what the Almanac says we should get) and we can all laugh when they are stuck - I know I am a d!ck....but it is fun

check out this from months ago:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_55351/tm.htm

it's a bit graphic on the second page but you get the idea...Charles Darwin at work
I remember that. The driver of the black car (A VolksWagon CrossFox) was drunk. Swerved into on-comming traffic and took a truchk head-on. It scraped his torso off his spine and legs. Brutal.

Here'swhat aCrossfox looks like normally.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:32 PM

I hope the HUMMER Tech's are now at the CADDY Dealer....

Old 09-19-2008, 06:02 PM

delete pls