PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Someone? Anyone? Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Someone? Anyone? Help?

That is rediculous. I can't believe they are THAT bad (well I can actually). Why don't you launch a complaint with the Better Business Bureau? If GM isn't helping, I would launch a complaint against GM and the dealer. There are just too many car dealers out there that kiss your butt, then after the papers are signed, act like you don't exist. I noticed that the bigger they are, the more they do it, but that is to be expected I guess, but isn't right. I would also take all of your paper trail and sue the dealership. If that happened to me I would be all over them, but then again, I work for a lawfirm so It would be alot easier for me to do so. I hope you get what you deserve, and I mean that in a good way

Old 08-03-2006, 11:56 AM

I use to own a gm and swore i would never buy one aging they way they treated me they will never change. I hate to say it i went to 4runners had three of them .The dealer treated me like a king and i never had one problem with them.
With gm i use to get my way by treating to drive threw the showroom window and they took me seriously that how i got my truck fixed i had 7 transmissions and i could go on it was a piece of **** .But when the Hummer came out i thought they would not ruined the Hummer name well i guess wrong like i said gm has not change after all theses years and they wonder why people are buying Toyota etc.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:17 AM

ORIGINAL: H3gal

Some people may remember me...okay, so I recently told you about the paint on my radio coming off - - okay, no big deal in the scheme of things....Some of you may remember that "I" was one of those unlucky people that had the Engine Misfire problem and had over $4,000 worth of work done to repair the problem? That was in April...

Okay, less than four months later, THE SAME PROBLEM IS HAPPENING !!! Engine Misfire, diagnosed by Onstar, yet again...

I am so, so, so, so very upset. I want my money back for this vehicle. It is obviously a lemon.

So, I am asking for all straightforward and honest opinions here - - IF this was YOUR situation....

What would YOU do?

H3gal
Sorry to hear about all the problems you're getting with your H3, If I was you I would return it and ask the dealer for another one - I would even take it to GM and won't stop until I get my money back or a brand new H3.

But PLEASE don't consider H3's or all Hummers for that matter 'lemons'. This was just a bad build, like any other vehicle there are some bad ones out there, you just happen to be the one who picked it.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

which one

Toyota RAV4

MIDSIZED SUVs
Lexus RX330

LARGE SUVs
Toyota Land Cruiser

FULL-SIZED PICKUPS
Honda Ridgeline

All but the Land Cruiser are not offroad capable, and the Land Cruiser is outdated and over $60K.

Not everything is rosy over at the Toyota front. Tacomas and FJ Cruisers are blowing rear lockers, and Toyota is NOT warrantying them, saying they were abused offroad. I thought a rear locker was for going offroad.

Then there is the clutch chatter that Tacomas have had since 2002, which Toyota still has not fixed, even in the new model.

If your Hummer dealer is crap, go to another one. I've heard good reports overall, but a few bad apples mixed in. You got a Malibu. At other dealers, people are getting brand new H2 and H3 loaners.

The head problem was fixed in September. The dealer replaced the original head with one without the updated hardened valve guides.

Sounds to me like if you got a new head and radio, AND a new dealer, you're problems would be fixed.

Michael

Old 08-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies...

Okay, I will try to reply to some of the comments made. First off "Dilo" and the rest of the bunch, you are all wrong and you have not guessed the vehicle (sorry)...

I am happy I did what I did. It is hard, when you are in my position, to not think globally about GM or the Hummer (sorry again)...

GM DID call me back on Friday and they told me they wouldn't be helping me AND THEN, they offered to send me information on the Better Business Bureau!! (what the heck is up with that?) Why would GM send me info on the Better Business Bureau? To have me sue the dealership or arbitrate with them? WTF?

Anyway, I have a very long letter going out to the owner of these dealerships. The dealership where I bought this new vehicle is supporting my contact with the owner. So, we'll see what, if anything, they do about it.

I too have an expensive "mistake" to clear up - - and it will over time.

I read some additional posts going on in this forum and I have to say that people considering new H3's should think very strongly about this - - if you still want to purchase a "chance" on the 2006, then I would wait until September. Rumor has it that the interest rate is going to ZERO percent - courtesy of General Motors. Hope this helps those still willing to take a lottery chance on the 2006 H3's...

The H3 WILL depreciate faster than other models in its' class...just a warning.

Oh, also about the Better Business Bureau...from what I can research - they are a joke. First off, members are not on the BBB because they are priveleged to be on there - - they are on there because they PAY to be on there...

I am going to file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in my state as well as the Consumer Protection Division. But, I am waiting to see what "Mr Hummer Dealership" is going to say about my letter. That will make a difference...in how I approach things.

Okay, well, that is it in a nutshell...
Take care,
(former) H3gal

Old 08-06-2006, 05:27 PM

These where consumer reports "best buys

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

which one

Toyota RAV4
The redesigned Toyota RAV4 is now our highest-rated small SUV. Despite being larger than the previous-generation model, the new RAV4 four-cylinder returns better fuel economy, 23 mpg overall. The optional 269-hp, six-cylinder engine returns an impressive 22 mpg overall. The roomy interior is quiet and comfortable, and the RAV4 has agile and secure handling. More

MIDSIZED SUVs
Lexus RX330
The car-based RX330 has a comfortable ride; a refined and responsive V6 engine; and handles better than most traditional truck-based SUVs. The interior is luxurious and quiet, and the rear seat is roomy enough for three. The RX400h hybrid version offers improved acceleration with incremental fuel economy gains. More

LARGE SUVs
Toyota Land Cruiser
Though slightly less plush than its upscale Lexus LX470 cousin, the Land Cruiser is hardly spartan. The smooth 4.7-liter V8 provides good acceleration and is extremely smooth. The permanently-engaged four-wheel-drive system delivers good off-road performance and extra grip on slippery roads. The well-finished interior is comfortable and quiet, with plenty of cargo room. More

FULL-SIZED PICKUPS
Honda Ridgeline
This unibody consumer-oriented pickup is the best one we’ve tested. The five-passenger Ridgeline has a steady and comfortable ride, and it handles with agility. The V6 engine is quiet and smooth. The roomy interior can seat five comfortably and is easy to access. A lockable, all-weather trunk is hidden out of the way below the composite bed. Towing capacity is limited to 5,000 pounds. More