PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Someone? Anyone? Help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Default Someone? Anyone? Help?

Some people may remember me...okay, so I recently told you about the paint on my radio coming off - - okay, no big deal in the scheme of things....Some of you may remember that "I" was one of those unlucky people that had the Engine Misfire problem and had over $4,000 worth of work done to repair the problem? That was in April...

Okay, less than four months later, THE SAME PROBLEM IS HAPPENING !!! Engine Misfire, diagnosed by Onstar, yet again...

I am so, so, so, so very upset. I want my money back for this vehicle. It is obviously a lemon.

So, I am asking for all straightforward and honest opinions here - - IF this was YOUR situation....

What would YOU do?

H3gal

Old 07-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Default RE: Someone? Anyone? Help?

I herd once they fixed that problem it was a done deal. It was fixed for good sorry to hear that call GM and see what they have to say.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:01 AM

It's hard to say what I would do. Knowing myself, I would probably look into the lemon laws as well. Either way, sorry to hear of the trouble. I think the first thing you should do is get GM to fix it. Even if you pursue the lemon law deal, it will probably take some time. So, you'll need it running.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:20 AM

1-800-my-lemon

Old 07-31-2006, 12:37 PM

Sounds like a Lemon. Take it to the service department and don't leave until you get satisfaction. Be sure to go at the peak of their business day and state whats wrong in your "loud" voice. Hopefully you will get what you are after. The H3x is coming.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:43 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies, I truly truly appreciate everyone's humor and responses!!!

I will tell you that I didn't like what the service guy said to me - he told me that GM didn't have enough parts when the "fix" needed to happen back in April - SO instead of telling the customer the "truth" - they instead decided to send the "old" parts to the dealership to get them to do a "temporary" fix to the problem, knowing that in the same amount of miles, the same problem would occur. THANK YOU GM !!!! (big smile)

So, basically, he peed on my leg and told me it was raining! (thanks to Judge Judy for that one)

Okay, now, for additional problems with the same vehicle...I believe I said the paint was coming off the radio...I was getting noise in the dashboard and the foam was coming out around the bottom of the windshield...I started having a brake problem and the passenger front side door ajar sensor wasn't working properly and the driver's side door was very noisey - rickity - when you opened and closed it...besides that, I had the noted cracks in the roof railing...still no fix on that one.

Every time I go for service, they give me ANOTHER GM piece of crap to drive - - this time I have a Chevy Malibu and I KID YOU NOT I have to "jiggle" the shifter to get the key to turn to start the vehicle...AND I KID YOU NOT ! The paint is coming off the radio just like in the Hummer !!

I know about the Lemon Law - it doesn't protect the consumer. It protects the dealerships in my state. Okay, you have to have the same problem FOUR times and it cannot be "fixed" before they have to "buy back" the vehicle. The dealership won't take ownership because IT'S NOT THEIR PROBLEM - IT IS GM'S. And, GM -well, we already know about them. They suck.

I know there will be the usual Hummer Lovers telling me that I was just one of the unlucky ones.

I don't think so....

But, good luck to everyone,
I'm out,
Thanks for the ride, while it lasted,
H3gal

Old 08-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about all of your problems. I have had my H3 since Oct. '05 and put 17k miles on it so far. I drive it to work and back every day, and have not had one problem with it at all. No matter what car manufacturer you buy from, there will always be cars that are lemons, but GM probably has a larger percentage. I honestly thought that my H3 would break down in the first two months, since that is the luck I have had with American cars. I'm very surprised there has been no problems with mine, especially the way I drive. I hope you get everything resolved.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:00 PM

HummerGuy, that was a very nice reply to my message, thank you...

I will definitely be letting everyone know the "resolution" that GM has for me. I actually spoke to a GM case manager today at work. I had to lock myself in a closet and "firmly and loudly" share my complaints...I am very angry and I believe GM should "make good" on their piece of crap vehicle - - so that I am not out the money I am. I don't expect 100% of my money returned - I DID drive a Hummer for 7 months. But, I DO expect them to compensate me for some of my loss.

Of course, I could not wait for the GM "protocol" of 24-48 hours because, let's face it, I needed a new vehicle. Thus, I am driving a brand new vehicle. However, it is not without a price tag. The dealership didn't believe they should have to help their customer who had a lemon for a vehicle. You can bet the owner of these NINE dealerships will be getting a letter from me. One will be written with names and dates and evidence of customer "dis-service" and dis-satisfaction from the Hummer Dealership and the other will be written about another of his dealerships that frankly, made me feel like "family" from start to finish in the vehicle buying department.

However, I think "Mr Hummer Dealership" should know what kind of insensitive and "non-customer" oriented staff he has at that particular branch - - of course, I let GM know my full impressions - and how I believed that this dealership was causing more problems for GM than benefits...

Anyway, I will keep you posted. No, I will not share what type of vehicle I am now driving - - let's just say, it is one of consumer reports "best buys" - - it will tow my camper - - actually tows WAY more than the Hummer and gets better gas mileage to boot - - so I believe we've made a good selection.

Don't get me wrong, I am depressed about not having the driveability of my Hummer - however, I won't be taken for a fool twice. I may have lost in the "short run" but GM and that dealership - - well, they have lost in the long run.

I can tell anyone on this Hummer forum that if you think it can't happen to you - - it can. So don't be so quick to judge what I am saying here...soon, I will probably get e-mails from other Hummer owners asking for assistance - AND, I will be more than happy to assist. I have already assisted other members on this forum with connections to GM.

Keep you posted!
H3gal

Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 PM

Come on and tell us what you got it ok.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:33 PM

which one

Toyota RAV4
The redesigned Toyota RAV4 is now our highest-rated small SUV. Despite being larger than the previous-generation model, the new RAV4 four-cylinder returns better fuel economy, 23 mpg overall. The optional 269-hp, six-cylinder engine returns an impressive 22 mpg overall. The roomy interior is quiet and comfortable, and the RAV4 has agile and secure handling. More

MIDSIZED SUVs
Lexus RX330
The car-based RX330 has a comfortable ride; a refined and responsive V6 engine; and handles better than most traditional truck-based SUVs. The interior is luxurious and quiet, and the rear seat is roomy enough for three. The RX400h hybrid version offers improved acceleration with incremental fuel economy gains. More

LARGE SUVs
Toyota Land Cruiser
Though slightly less plush than its upscale Lexus LX470 cousin, the Land Cruiser is hardly spartan. The smooth 4.7-liter V8 provides good acceleration and is extremely smooth. The permanently-engaged four-wheel-drive system delivers good off-road performance and extra grip on slippery roads. The well-finished interior is comfortable and quiet, with plenty of cargo room. More

FULL-SIZED PICKUPS
Honda Ridgeline
This unibody consumer-oriented pickup is the best one we’ve tested. The five-passenger Ridgeline has a steady and comfortable ride, and it handles with agility. The V6 engine is quiet and smooth. The roomy interior can seat five comfortably and is easy to access. A lockable, all-weather trunk is hidden out of the way below the composite bed. Towing capacity is limited to 5,000 pounds. More

Quick Reply: Someone? Anyone? Help?