PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

snorkel question!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Default snorkel question!

hello. I've been looking for a snorkel for our h3. Of course i found out they don't make one for a 2006. Any ideas what other vehicle or year snorkel would be compatible for my year?!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:55 PM

The only snorkel available for the H3 is the ARB Safari Snorkel for the 2008+ models. This snorkel can be used on 06 & 07's but requires an airbox (with filter) and intake tubing from a 2008+ Hummer H3 with a 3.7L.

Last edited by SundownAudioNY; 10-10-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:02 PM

Idk sundown... I thought you could modify the tubing from the fender to the 06/07 air box and make it work, no?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 PM

thank guys. i still have no idea what to do. this was supposed to be a birthday gift for my husband. i might just buy the kit for a 2008+ H3 and have him figure out how to go from there i've contacted many manufacturers and some are waiting for answers to get back to me. some have said that they have heard that someone has come up with a snorkel kit for the earlier H3.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:20 AM

It can be modified to work with an 06 with a little dremel work. I don't have any install pics from when I put it on my old 06 but it wasn't to difficult.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
Idk sundown... I thought you could modify the tubing from the fender to the 06/07 air box and make it work, no?
Yes it can be modified to fit the 06/07 air boxes but with as cheap as air boxes and intake snorkels tubes go for on CL, I wouldn't even bother modifying the old one. You see air boxes and intake tubes on CL all the time for $25-50 (people who swap them out for K&N and etc intakes ).

Old 10-11-2011, 06:22 PM

Really? Hmm I guess I'll have to pick on up... Thanks for the heads up Sundown

Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 PM

how many of you guys with snorkles actually sink their H3 in that deep of water? Just curious. Alot of pictures I've seen they are not even close to the stock airbox. Seems like alot of money and just wondering if anyone has sunk their H3 that deep. Also, if so...pics!!!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
how many of you guys with snorkles actually sink their H3 in that deep of water? Just curious. Alot of pictures I've seen they are not even close to the stock airbox. Seems like alot of money and just wondering if anyone has sunk their H3 that deep. Also, if so...pics!!!

I agree with this excellent question....They do look cool as all hell but that dont cut it. Are they actually usefull?? If'n you do get her that wet would'nt there be other issues by then, these H3's dont have sealed electrical components like Mil Spec H1's.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Hey Pants! I do not run a snorkel but I do see the advantages to having one. Since the stock system is drawing air from between the wheel well and the fender with the "bumper" openings in the front of an H3/H3T "pushing" air and debris (including water) up and over the wheel well and into the inlet I have had a soaked filter before after a water crossing. You don't need to be hood deep to get a soaked filter.

You also are getting air from above the vehicle which "can" be cooler and have less debris.

I will be making a "tube" for ours that will have a 90 degree bend out of the inlet inside of the fender to get air from the opposite direction. So if/when I cross water again it will nto be pushed into the inlet.

Quick Reply: snorkel question!