PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Skid plate mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Default RE: Skid plate mod

was playing with the airbrush and got out of control . . . . . . . . []

Old 12-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Honestly I like it. Especially if you had gone with black for the H and white for the 3. I never thought about painting the whole thing. The H3 skid plates aren't as noticable as the H2.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:29 PM

i like the little squirrel head bloody explosions better . . . . .

Old 12-03-2007, 02:42 PM

Speaking of oil changes. I've only got 2500 miles on mine and did my first oilchange about a month ago. My question is did you want to hunt down and kill the enginer that decided to put the drain plug right int the middle of the oil pan? Would it have been that hard to put it in the rear (minds out of the gutter please)like theSilverado? Or the genius that put that filter drain(actually a good idea) on the crossmemberwith a rivot, but no o-ring to keep oil from leaking down in the crossmember? I'm done ranting, I just had to get that off my chest (probably wrong post).

Old 12-03-2007, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Black_Impala

Speaking of oil changes. I've only got 2500 miles on mine and did my first oilchange about a month ago. My question is did you want to hunt down and kill the enginer that decided to put the drain plug right int the middle of the oil pan? Would it have been that hard to put it in the rear (minds out of the gutter please)like theSilverado? Or the genius that put that filter drain(actually a good idea) on the crossmemberwith a rivot, but no o-ring to keep oil from leaking down in the crossmember? I'm done ranting, I just had to get that off my chest (probably wrong post).
Yup, the engineers were a sleep when positioning the drain plug. Another 1/2" to the side woulda cleared the cross member!!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I especially like how that oil wants to squirt out sideways at the driver side front tire when the plug is first pulled, makes for an interesting catch to avoid a huge mess. Pitty the fool that is not paying attention when the plug is first removed.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

just put in a drain valve and life is easier... or so I have heard.... I don't have a 3.... hell... I don't even have a 2 right now.... I am a man without a hummer....

Old 12-03-2007, 03:22 PM

I haven't put my skid plates back on since I changed the oil a couple of months ago!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:59 PM

I stored both of mine in the basement. Much easier to do oil changes now.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

I especially like how that oil wants to squirt out sideways at the driver side front tire when the plug is first pulled, makes for an interesting catch to avoid a huge mess. Pitty the fool that is not paying attention when the plug is first removed.
What oil are you using? Sounds suspiciously like Mobil One.

I just replaced an engine in another car after using Mobil One. Not a bad oil in the thicker grades,..but the 5W20 and 5W30 are junk. Only a grade 2 base stock and A1 rating. The 5w30 starts off at about a 26 weight and degrades to 20 weight in 500 miles. It comes out like water.

Quick Reply: Skid plate mod