PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sirius Radio vs XM

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Default RE: Sirius Radio vs XM

I will, we have a trip planned next week. We will be heading to Cedar Point Amusement park and then to Norwalk ohio for the Night Of Fire (Drag Racing). This should test it pretty good.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:10 PM

Stern has had people urinating on each other for sexual pleasures. He had guys farting in women's faces to check the reactions. He continually talks about sexual oddities and exploits the retarted.He does this because there is a largeaudiencefor perversion in America.You still have no clue??

I like a bit of rank humor from time to time and I've flipped thru a Playboy magazine but Stern is freaking pervert and plays on the weak mindeddelivering their fantasy pleasures.
Not to turn this into a Howard thread but you obviously have never listened. I don't remember him putting a gun to anyones head.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 PM

XM/Sirius released this informationyesterday about their new program line-up. If yousearch around their websites, you'llfind a little more explanation.

At any rate, if you want to go A La Carte, you'll need to replace your existing tuner with a new one that works on both services. This isbad newsfor those that want Stern + MLB + NFL for example.

Another mystery is what is considered aPremium or Ultra-Premiumchannel package.

At any rate, this is what they are saying now:

Summary of XM Post-Merger Channel Line Up Proposal

MONTHLY PRICE: MONTHLY PRICE:
OFFERING # CHANNELS CURRENT POST-MERGER

XM Everything** Approx. 170 $12.95 $12.95

A La Carte I* Pick Your Own 50 $12.95 Starting at $6.99
from all but Premium
(Optional: Add a
Channel @ $.25 each;
Add Super Premium
Packages @ $3.00
or $6.00 each)

A La Carte II* Pick Your Own 100
(including some
best of SIRIUS) $25.90*** $14.99

XM Everything & Approx. 180 $25.90*** $16.99
Select SIRIUS**

Family Friendly & Approx. 170 $25.90*** $14.99
Select SIRIUS

Family Friendly Approx. 160 $12.95 $11.95

Mostly Music Approx. 65 $12.95 $9.99
Commercial Free
Music (58)
More Music (5)
Kids (2)
Religion (1)
Emergency &
Weather (1)

News, Sports Approx. 60 $12.95 $9.99
& Talk
News (12)
Sports (10)
Kids (2)
Talk and
Entertainment (15)
Traffic, Weather
and Alerts (21)
Religion (1)
Emergency &
Weather (1)

*Available only for subscribers using next generation receivers who select channels via the Internet.

**Consumers may block adult-themed content. Consumers who elect to block adult-themed content will be provided a monthly credit.

***Currently requires two subscriptions.

All content is subject to change from time to time due to contractual relationships with third-party providers and for other reasons.

Summary of SIRIUS Post-Merger Channel Line Up Proposal

MONTHLY PRICE: MONTHLY PRICE:
OFFERING # CHANNELS CURRENT POST-MERGER

SIRIUS Everything ** Approx. 130 $12.95 $12.95

A La Carte I* Pick Your Own 50 $12.95 Starting at $6.99
(Optional: Add a
Channel @ $.25 Each;
Add Super Premium
Packages @ $6.00
or $5.00 Each)

A La Carte II* Pick Your Own 100 $25.90*** $14.99
(Including some
best of XM)

Everything SIRIUS Approx. 140 $25.90*** $16.99
& Select XM**

Family Friendly & Approx. 130 $25.90*** $14.99
Select XM

Family Friendly Approx. 120 $12.95 $11.95

Mostly Music Approx. 65 $12.95 $9.99
Commercial Free
Music (59)
Family and Kids (4)
Religion (3)
Emergency (2)

News, Sports Approx. 50 $12.95 $9.99
& Talk
Sports Channels (8)
Talk and
Entertainment (10)
Family and Kids (4)
Religion (3)
News (13)
Traffic and
Weather (11)
Emergency (2)

Old 07-24-2007, 01:36 PM

I love Howard. Funny *** show. If you don't like it...you can always change the channel!

Old 07-25-2007, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: DE_Hummer

I love Howard. Funny *** show. If you don't like it...you can always change the channel!
Thanks for the insight about yourself.[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 07-30-2007, 10:33 AM

Had the Gm Sirius Connect installed Friday, along with the antenna that allows you to use the Factory installed Xm antenna.I have to say so far it seems to be working very well. The installers had some issues and were going to use the Sirius antenna, however, they were able to get it to finally work.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: jwiz1971

Had the Gm Sirius Connect installed Friday, along with the antenna that allows you to use the Factory installed Xm antenna.I have to say so far it seems to be working very well. The installers had some issues and were going to use the Sirius antenna, however, they were able to get it to finally work.
Do you know what their problem was and how they worked around it?
That might help me when I do this.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:04 PM

I attempted to install a SIR-GM1 in my 07 H3 (XM equipped, 6CD radio model) and there was a GM-LAN compatibility issue --the SIR-GM1 only works with the prior BUS/version.. apparently some 07's still have the non-LAN wiring that will work, where others have the new LAN wiring..

I've read somewhere that if the radio has a CAT button, than it means that it's a newer LAN version.. not sure if this is correct, but my radio does have a CAT button and was not compatible with the SIR-GM1 tuner..

I went with a Sirius Starbase tuner that is similar to a Sportster type install except that the main receiver installs in the dash, leaving a smaller display controller that you can place out of the way if desired..
http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-star...tem-p-117.html

I also utilized the existing XM antenna with a splitter allowing for both XM or Sirius connectivity(http://www.logjamelectronics.com/terksirsp.html) ..But I did notice poor reception using the XM antenna for Sirius.. It works, but cuts out more often than another system I have with the Sirius antenna..

I'm told the new LAN compatible units should be out soon, but still have not seen/heard of one..

Old 07-30-2007, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: jnonny

I attempted to install a SIR-GM1 in my 07 H3 (XM equipped, 6CD radio model) and there was a GM-LAN compatibility issue --the SIR-GM1 only works with the prior BUS/version.. apparently some 07's still have the non-LAN wiring that will work, where others have the new LAN wiring..

I've read somewhere that if the radio has a CAT button, than it means that it's a newer LAN version.. not sure if this is correct, but my radio does have a CAT button and was not compatible with the SIR-GM1 tuner..

I went with a Sirius Starbase tuner that is similar to a Sportster type install except that the main receiver installs in the dash, leaving a smaller display controller that you can place out of the way if desired..
http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-star...tem-p-117.html

I also utilized the existing XM antenna with a splitter allowing for both XM or Sirius connectivity(http://www.logjamelectronics.com/terksirsp.html) ..But I did notice poor reception using the XM antenna for Sirius.. It works, but cuts out more often than another system I have with the Sirius antenna..

I'm told the new LAN compatible units should be out soon, but still have not seen/heard of one..
That a big help Jnohnny!! Save me a lot of grief. I wonder if Sirius has anything planned in the way of an update to include the '07.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:56 PM

Question: Is it tue that the base of the OnStar antenna is actually the XM radio antenna?

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio vs XM