PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sirius Radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Default Sirius Radio problem

I'm not a happy camper right now. I just found out after talking to LogJam, Crutchfield and Best Buy that the only way to run Sirius radio through my factory system in the H3x is to use either the FM extender cable that came with the radio or to use the FM wired modulator. I was told that the manufacturer of the radio, either Kenwood or Clarion or GM itself has not provided the specs to this new radio system to the companies that make the harness that would give me an AUX input. I really do like the sound of the system especially with the Bose amp and speakers which is something that I also just found out. Yes in the H3x the Monsoon speaker system is a Bose system

So for any of you who are H3x owners forget an AUX input for your Sirius Radio for a while. What bites my butt is that there is a harness for Ipods but no Sirius [:@]

Old 01-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Default RE: Sirius Radio problem

call back and ask if they have something for the 2007 H3...don't mention the X...it's the same radio, they may just have nothing in their system for the h3x package name. I am pretty damn sure the 06+07 radios are teh same, at least they were at my dealership. Any you do not have a new radio system, you have a monsoon system the same as any other h3 on the road, bose makes all of GM's audio equipment.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:46 PM

From what I was told if I had a single disk in dash CD player I would have no problem, but I have the in dash 6 disk. The other thing is that I was told that with what I have, a sat. ready radio, the only sat. that I can run direct is XM and again it has something to do with the disk changer.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:27 PM

there are adapters that will take out xm (you must unhook it) and then you install the sirius reciever in it's place.

do you have a band button on your radio?

Old 01-07-2007, 02:04 PM

importkiller, I think that I have figured out what it going on. Some GM vehicles, H3 & H3x for example transitioned in mid year 2006 from a GM Class-2 Bus to a GM-Lan Bus radio. The later is not compatable with the equipment on the market today need to install an aux or a Sirius tunner. So until GM releases the spec's for the GM-Lan Bus radio we are forced to use an FM modulator, either an extender or wired to get Sirius in our Hummers for now.

This kind of stinks because to switch to a wired FM tranmitter is not cheap either, $30.00 for the transmitter and $20.00 for the GM antenna cables and another$77.00 for any of us that don't know how to remove our radios. I got this info from both Logjam and Sirius.

Does any of this make any sense or are they just yanking my crank?

Old 01-09-2007, 07:17 PM

Well today everything came in at last so after a little debate I installed the fm direct thingy. Works much bettey than what I had but I do hope that one of these days someone will come out with a aux for it. importkiller, thank you for the help and also for the info on how to remove the faceplate that you posted elsewhere here.

I also found out that Crutchfield doesn't even have any idea on how to remove a H3 radio, new or old. If it weren't for you forum people I would have had to cough up the eighty buck to have Best Buy do the install. Thats bogus, it only took me about twenty minutes start to finish. Maybe I should go into that business, I'd only work on Hummers though.