PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sinking Feeling These Things Are Slow

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Default RE: Sinking Feeling These Things Are Slow

i'm going to go and try to get a test drive in today. the dealership near me has their own little offroad place. i might get lucky and go in there.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM

IMO, acceleration and ride comfort are A+.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Bullet Ladd

From what I've been reading here on the forums, it looks like these big heavy beasts are slow. Probably attributed to the 4:10 gears. Which suck anyway. Wish there was an option for 3:73. But really how slow are they?

I've had an '05 Escalade and the response was great. I'm getting weary about my H2 SUT purchase. What do you guys think?

I realize it's not the same vehicle, but damn the forums sure don't paint a pretty picture.
I think the real question here is "WHY DO YOU WANT A H2".............?

Seriously................

Since speed seems to be one of your major criteria for selecting a vehicle, why would you be interested in a H2?

However, it is good that you are researching the H2 via these forums prior to purchase....

Good luck with your decision making process.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: walc

IMO, acceleration and ride comfort are A+.
+1. absolutely. i just got back from a test drive. mashing the gas had pretty good acceleraation for something that ways about 7K lbs. and the ride comfort was exceptional. with all of the potholes and messed up roads in houston, it just rolled over them w/ a small bump, IMPRESSIVE!! and the offroad capability was great, went through very thick mud and got through no problem .wheels only slipped slightly. i love the SUT!!!

P.S. Walc, you have a nice set of whips!!

Old 02-19-2007, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Bullet Ladd

From what I've been reading here on the forums, it looks like these big heavy beasts are slow. Probably attributed to the 4:10 gears. Which suck anyway. Wish there was an option for 3:73. But really how slow are they?

I've had an '05 Escalade and the response was great. I'm getting weary about my H2 SUT purchase. What do you guys think?

I realize it's not the same vehicle, but damn the forums sure don't paint a pretty picture.
You seem very apprehensive about purchasing a Hummer. Hummers are wonderful vehicles but they are not for everyone which is why you don't see tons of Hummers on the road like other vehicles (Toyota Camrys). Every one of us purchased our Hummers for different reasons, but I think we can all agree that there's a certain pride of ownership (so to speak) that we feel by owning such a unique vehicle. These vehicles may not be fast, but they are some of the safest vehicles on the road and they can go virtually anywhere. When the H3 came out there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that I was going to own one. I guess what I'm trying to say is just be sure that this vehicle is the one for you.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

My neighbor has one and I can tell you for a fact, that his son of a beotch is freakin fast...He has an exhaust up grade (can't tell what but it's definitely not stock) and he may have something under the hood too (can't hear a supercharger), but it hauls *** and he can break his tires loose on take off...Sooo..that's what I know..

Nice pic Dennis....way to keep that chrome shining.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

You seem very apprehensive about purchasing a Hummer. Hummers are wonderful vehicles but they are not for everyone which is why you don't see tons of Hummers on the road like other vehicles (Toyota Camrys). Every one of us purchased our Hummers for different reasons, but I think we can all agree that there's a certain pride of ownership (so to speak) that we feel by owning such a unique vehicle. These vehicles may not be fast, but they are some of the safest vehicles on the road and they can go virtually anywhere. When the H3 came out there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that I was going to own one. I guess what I'm trying to say is just be sure that this vehicle is the one for you.
Rutdogg is right. Hummers arewonderful vehicles, but must suit your requirements. They are not built to be, nor perform like, sports cars, but are a luxury vehicle that can go (if you want) offroad with ease. If safety, quality, versatility, and styling are what you are after, then the H2 might be perfect.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: CrazyGreek
...P.S. Walc, you have a nice set of whips!!
Thanks, Greek.
I like all of them; but, the Hummer is my favorite. [8D]

Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM

actually if you switched from 4.10 to 3.73, it would be even slower.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: whododat

actually if you switched from 4.10 to 3.73, it would be even slower.
+1 absolutely!!

Quick Reply: Sinking Feeling These Things Are Slow