PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sinking Feeling These Things Are Slow

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 05:13 AM
Default Sinking Feeling These Things Are Slow

From what I've been reading here on the forums, it looks like these big heavy beasts are slow. Probably attributed to the 4:10 gears. Which suck anyway. Wish there was an option for 3:73. But really how slow are they?

I've had an '05 Escalade and the response was great. I'm getting weary about my H2 SUT purchase. What do you guys think?

I realize it's not the same vehicle, but damn the forums sure don't paint a pretty picture.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Default RE: Sinking Feeling These Things Are Slow

Well, you're not getting a Corvette, but with some "tweaks" (CAI, Exhaust), my SUV(I'm sure the same is to be said for the SUT) has quite a bit of PEP!! Plus IT'S A HUMMER....Like Nothing Else!!

Old 11-05-2006, 08:39 AM

If you are concerned about speed, then a Hummer is not the anwser. Although like HummBob said, with the little extra things, it will hold it's own. After driving one for a while now, I'm sold. It is "Like nothing else", and I can't imagine driving anything else.Name:  wink2.gif
Views: 181
Size:  593 Bytes

Old 11-05-2006, 10:30 AM

How do you guys like the ride?

I'm concerned about the straight axles, instead of independent suspension. How rough is it?

Is it something I'll be happy with, especially with my kids in the back seat?

Old 11-05-2006, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Bullet Ladd

I'm concerned about the straight axles, instead of independent suspension. How rough is it?

Ride is good. Go test drive one, you'll see what we mean.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:06 PM

My neighbor has one and I can tell you for a fact, that his son of a beotch is freakin fast...He has an exhaust up grade (can't tell what but it's definitely not stock) and he may have something under the hood too (can't hear a supercharger), but it hauls *** and he can break his tires loose on take off...Sooo..that's what I know..

Old 11-06-2006, 10:41 AM

It's not that slow. It's by no means fast, but I have yet to have a problem. It is what it is. My brother has an 05 Mecedes E 500 was joking with me and asked if I wanted to race. My response was sure, but through the woods!! LOL

Old 11-06-2006, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Bullet Ladd

the only straight axle is in the rear, the front is IFS. i have stiffer shocks than stock, bigger tires at 40 psi, and the ride is great. i can put my 3 kids in the back and feel totally happy (until they start their typical sibling crap, then i need to stop and make them walk). go test drive one, if you don't like it, don't buy one. it's not a sports car, it's a cinderblock, and has the same aerodynamics.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:08 PM

LOL! Yep, best way to describe it ... but the ride is excellent IMHO! It took me all of 3 minutes worth of test driving before I had decided in my mind I was going to get it ...

Old 11-06-2006, 03:14 PM

I was surprised how good the ride is.

Quick Reply: Sinking Feeling These Things Are Slow