PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Should I get a WHITE Grill?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Default Should I get a WHITE Grill?

I recently got into an accident and I snapped my chrome grille. I need to get a replacement.

Considering that I have a Birch White H3, do you think that I should try getting a white grill as opposed to the OEM chrome?

My three main worries are:

1) Would this look "cheap"? Also consider the fact that the bumper would still be black. I don't want it to look like a stock H3 (which is ironic because all H3's come with the chrome grill standard, but not everyone knows that).

2) Also, I'm sort of worried that this isn't in fact Birch White, but maybe off-white? It looks like this in the picture but maybe it's just the lighting?

3) A few little white plastic clips were lost and/or broken in my little accident. Would the new grille come with new clips or is it likely JUST the one piece grill?

I think that this might look pretty cool. One of my reasons for wanting white is the fact that if I'm going to pay 300$ or so to fix my stupid driving mistake, maybe I should at least change it up as opposed to getting the EXACT same grille.

Another thing is that I DID just get a chrome hood vent with chrome handles... would it be weird having a white grille with my other after market chrome products?

I've never actually seen a white grill on an H3. So buying this would be sort of a guessing game.

Last edited by iPhone; 10-11-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 PM

White is my favorite color on H3's, I think a white grille would look great even with the chrome hood vent.

...if only they made a white tactical edition...

Old 10-11-2009, 11:44 PM

I painted my grille white on my H2, and love it. I also painted everything that was chrome, black and blacked out my lights. Looks awesome.
I have seen a H3 with a white grille and liked it alot. I think the chrome grille should of been a upgrade or option and color match grilles should of been standard equipment from the factory.