PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Shocks - Rear - HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Default Shocks - Rear - HELP?

06 H3 - w/o Adv Pkg. New Owner.

Okay folks, I need your help regarding rear shocks - I have leveled the front (TB crank method) and have my eyes on those cognito shocks BUT nobody here ever talks about the rear shocks. I have not found really any matching rear shocks that goes along with and matches the front cognitos. I am kind of a perfectionist and want to do all four corners with a leveled front end. I really do not want to go with the shock extenders either. All help is welcome as to other brands etc.

Thanks in advance.

Guy

Old 02-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Default RE: Shocks - Rear - HELP?

Why do you want to change your shocks in the back?, if you want to spend money on shocks the I would recommend going with a level kit instead and at the same time you won't have as much stress on the front end.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:43 PM

Oh! and welcome to the forum!!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:08 PM

You wouldn't need extended shocks at the back, because you didn't adjust the height. And a level kit won't reduce the stress on the front end. The torsion bars were ment to be adjusted.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:19 PM

I disagree on the stress part, I did the T-bar adjustment first and at 3 turns the rubber stops were almost touching the a arms the shockshad more tension on them and the front end was still not level, the Tbar adjustment is great for people who add weight to the front end like aplow and so on, with the leveling kit now installed for over a year the ride is allot better then the Tbar adjustment andthe rubber stop are where they are suppose to be and same for the shocks.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 PM

Black_Impala - thanks for your reply; however, I was not needing extended rear shocks, i was just wanting some sort of matchingshocks (brand/valving, etc) on the back as I will be putting on the front. I know it is probably not a huge deal - just a preference.

I may just go with the lift kit and be done with it for now - I can always remove the mount extender for new shocks later but I am still wondering what people do when they lift just the front then add extended shocks in the front and then what matching shocks do they install in the back. I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to these things - I like the same all around.

Any help and suggestions are still welcome.

Guy

Old 02-06-2008, 10:42 PM

You could do a search, but I think Rancho has a set of extended front shocks, and of course replacement rears. They would match brand wise, but not sure on the valving.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 AM

Blackbear,

How does a "leveling kit" differ from just adjusting the torsion bars ?

P.S. That is anice ride you havethere.

Kent
08' H3 ALPHA

Old 02-07-2008, 12:24 PM

This info: is from the company Ready Lift.[/align][/align][/align]-Can’t I just crank up my own torsion keys?

Yes. The difference between cranking your own keys and using ours are as follows:
a) Our forged keys are MUCH stronger than the stock cast keys. The stock key will also be turned at an angle that can bend the adjusting key, making it nearly impossible to readjust.
b) We include shock extensions or brackets with our kits that allow the stock shock to work within the correct piston range. Simply cranking a torsion key can cause the stock piston to “top out”, and fail quickly.
c) We include custom adjusting bolts with kits that need them. These bolts prevent customers from over-cranking the torsion key, which prevents the damage listed above.

--What will the ReadyLift™ kits do to my CV joints, steering arms, etceteras?

The ReadyLift™ is designed to work within the stock suspension travel of your truck, and does not appreciably affect the life of your other suspension components. The life of your suspension is much more affected by the way you drive.
[/align]

Old 02-07-2008, 01:38 PM

Blackbear,

Thanks for the info. Mucho appreciated.

Kent
08' H3 ALPHA