PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Shocks for H3 Adventure Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 PM

I could be wrong but sensing a hummer z roast coming on......... I think there have been enough posts and threads about these reflex shocks to say people like them and they are decent shocks. Also the warranty seems pretty good to me. I have seen some posts actually a lot about people calling Rancho junk as well, and I read the 9000's are the ones to go for if any. But to each their own, I personally don't have experience with anything but stock worn out ones. I have a paid for set of bilstein 5100 at 4wheelparts with lifetime warranty as well waiting to be picked up. I bought mine because I couldn't find any threads about them being junk, just quality.and a lot of people say they are good on the 3's. The big thing was they were and I think still are on sale for 310 for all 4 corners.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:17 PM

Both brands (monroe & rancho) are from Tenneco.. Our Brands | Tenneco Inc.

All I can state as I previously have numerous times:

If you are looking for great handling, ride control & comfortable ride:

Monroe reflex monotubes

If you want a hard/stiff ride:

Rancho or Bilsteins..

Regardless of what shock you choose, they will degrade/fail over time, so warranty is the key!

Old 03-25-2014, 04:46 AM

Well, I guess I didn't know the same people made both. Hopefully the bilsteins I am gonna put on aren't toooooooo stiff. The roads here suck so I had to get something that will last a fair bit of abuse, not wheeling abuse either but just scrappy roads abuse. I can take a bit stiff but hoping I dont get a cement wheel stiffness from them. Just heard a lot about them being very durable so heres hoping.