PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Shifter rattle in 06 H3

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Generally, your posts are worthless drivel

Last edited by wfturner; 09-29-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:14 PM

I pray every night that Dr Tom sells his Hummer and buys a Prius so he leaves this site and all can be happy again. The end. lol

Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 PM

Book smarts don't make for street smarts, I also have said book but didn't pay anything for it... I know people lol... He can pull the trim, unless it's different on a manual, but I doubt it... I posted my comment for everyone, just in case auto owners were not in the know... I know he doesn't have the disengage, I guess I too should have been a little clearer on the subject, however full complete sentences are much better than staggered jargon...

Old 09-27-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by drtom

i have,as always, provided accurate and correct info,as opposed to the "made up"stuff from the "guessers"

best of luck
Just like the time you swore up and down your precious manuals one-line diagram didn't show a cap/crossover on the tweeters and once you tore it down....THERE IT WAS?????

You Sir, provide a genuine annoyance and that is about it....good day.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 AM

Tom, if you are insinuating that I stole the book I have, than were gonna have a problem. It is not up to you to know where I got the book from but to assume it was obtained illegally means that your assuming I am a thief and a liar...
Neither of which are remotely accurate statements, and damaging in nature. Your tone is insulting. Don't make that mistake again.

You want to be helpful to those that seek guidance? Fine, but you need to start by being clearer on here. Full sentences. Punctuation. And be open to other, alternative methods, perhaps short cuts, that us owners have discovered, by actually wrenching on their HUMMERS, the way you talk, leads me to believe you own a screw driver set for fixing cabinet handles inside your kitchen and that's it!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 AM

Ok anyway… I popped the trim off from the top, removed the shifter by loosening the set screw and removed the rubber boot. I still can’t find a thing. I didn’t have time to remove the rubber boot that sits on the trans but I suspect the problem is going to be in there and resonating. It reminds me of the same rattle the shifter on my 67 Mustang made before I replaced the springs and bushings.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Glad you found out that you CAN remove the shifter trim piece from the top as DAGKANA said. tom goes by the "manuals" and then their are others that actually have taken apart their HUMMERs and found better and more efficect ways of getting things done on our rigs.

This may not be the cause, but I had a manual shifter with a "buzzing" and it ended up being under the "cap" on top of the shifter. When our 5-speed "T" gets back home I'll check on how to remove the "cap"/cover.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:09 AM

Edit; not going to see any of his posts now anyway! Just like that 85_305 guy who eventually was kicked off.

Hmmmm.... There are a lot of new people over on the other HUMMER forums, said they left here due to tom. Pretty soon it will be tom and his manual giving advice from "his book", with no "real world HUMMER knowledge". Heck, the guy got stuck in his own driveway not once but twice!

Thanks for reminding me of the "ignore" function Pants!!!

Last edited by TAINTER; 09-28-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:57 PM

Being bored and lonely doesn't mean that you care... You simply provide answers right out of a book, doesn't mean you know what your talking about...

If you don't mind Tom, please start another thread and post up some of those hundreds of pics of your other vehicles... I think it will allow for us non believers to get a better idea who you are... Including myself whom doesn't believe half the crap you say, since half of it doesn't make sense... So in my book your only "right" 25% of the time...

Old 09-28-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
actually i was 100 % accurate as i showed with the pics. NOWHERE IN THE MANUAL IS A CAP SHOWN OR MENTIONED. i simply persued the truth,found it and provided it to the forum. remember one guy said "its in there,SOMEWHERE!! everybody ASSumed it was there.
nobody knew where it was till i showed it. so YOU also might want to get accurate info b4 making wild inaccurate statements!
.its amazing how ez it is to get some people excited,just present factual accurate info and sit back and wait for their next rant!!
part of my entertainment.
keep looking for an error!!!
actually i made ONE but u wont find it!

funny,how people want nothing to do with the manual,i guess if you replace the head you reuse the gasket and the old head bolts huh!!. just snug them up till they feel tight!!! put some permatex on that head huh!!

ummm, wrong. You said the one line in your precious manual didn't show it. We KNEW BETTER and said it WAS there, where that was unknown but we KNEW it had to exist. You found it and were wrong!!!

For everyone else who thinks DrTom is a STAIN YOU CAN'T WIPE OFF:

Go to USER CP--->EDIT IGNORE LIST on the left side column and type his name in the box. Select "OKAY" and rejoice!! LOL

Quick Reply: Shifter rattle in 06 H3