PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Shifter rattle in 06 H3

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Default Shifter rattle in 06 H3

It been a few months since this has started but it’s getting worse. For the first few miles of driving my manual shifter rattles unless my hand is on it. I have no idea what’s causing this. Has anyone had the same problem?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:20 PM

I hear what you’re saying but my concern is if it’s a loose bolt or nut, why would it only rattle for a few miles then go away. It’s predominantly worse when it’s warm, like in the afternoon. I’ve yet to hear it during the cooler mornings.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:12 PM

Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I can also look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I can also look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

PM sent, Thank You

Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 PM

Oh boy.....

Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService

Originally Posted by CJYork
PM sent, Thank You
KRAP! I'm shocked no one else posted about tricia "PEGGY" being totally useless!!!!

Someone will find the service manual portion for the manual shifter and post it up here.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:49 AM

I would simply check the connection underneath the boot... the boot like on the automatic simply snaps into place, put your two index fingers on the boot/silver trim edge at the base by the cup holder and give it a slight tug, it will pop up exposing the shifter linkage, and the spot for the transmission defeat button, DONT hit the button lol, you vehicle will jump into neutral... ideal if it dies and you need a tow, but otherwise dont use it!

Old 09-26-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by CJYork
It been a few months since this has started but it’s getting worse. For the first few miles of driving my manual shifter rattles unless my hand is on it. I have no idea what’s causing this. Has anyone had the same problem?
There is a allen set screw that holds the shifter lever and **** (one piece) to the rod coming out of the transmission. Check to see if it is tight
be sure to use Loctite when you re-tighten

Old 09-26-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
ill double chek but seems my book says lift the entire trim from carpet up,NOT THE BOOT.
i had mine up when i killed the auto lock solenoid.
stick?
There is no auto lock solenoid on a manual transmission

Old 09-26-2011, 01:05 PM

[QUOTE i just must be more concise in the future!![/QUOTE]

Agreed

All these posts about automatic transmissions are of no help to CJYork
I have a manual transmission and I had a similar noise as he is describing
That is why my post may help him diagnose his problem

Last edited by wfturner; 09-26-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Shifter rattle in 06 H3