PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

SERV TPM (Tire Pressure)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Question SERV TPM (Tire Pressure)

hi folks, I'm from Europe. im new here so as you can see it's my first post. i have read almost all of posts about "serv tpm" but still i'm confused what to do exactly. I got same problem as others and as you already figured it out the problem is with SERV TPM. when I drive my H3 in the city there is no problem with that, but when i drive highway the icon is flashing and after awhile it shine non stop. I have never shift my spare, i got 30 psi (3 bar?) in all 4 wheels and 35 psi (3.5 bar?) in spare. I deflate my spare wheel now but tire pressure control didnt flash. so we can say there is no spare sensor there? I have read some post about "how to reset sensors by myself" I have found that kind of instruction:

After discussing with the service department and successfully resetting my TMP world, here is what I know WRT Resetting the TPM after a tire deflation:

" 1. The dealers never use the procedure documented in the USER MANUAL - too hard <grin>. They connect a dianostic device, check all the tire pressures and push a button or play with a magnet (hmmmmmm, Mr. Magnet? - more to look into).

2. After deflating a tire and moving the spare to the ground etc. the following is require to reset the TPM Tire Pressure Low Whining DIC (Driver Information Center).

a) Check tire pressure on all 5 tires to make sure all is well in pressure land.
b) Set parking brake
c) Turn on Key, then quickly turn headlamps on and off 4 times
d) 2 horn beeps sound to signal you are now entering the 5 minute calibration mode. The User Manual is wrong since the TPM ICON does NOT FLASH as documented.
e) Go to left front tire and inflate or deflate for least 10 seconds
f) Wait for beep to signal ready to move on
g) Go to right front tire and inflate or deflate for at least 10 seconds
h) Wait for beep to signal ready to move on
i) Go to right rear tire and inflate or deflate for at least 10 seconds
j) Wait for beep to signal ready to move on
k) Go to left rear tire and inflate or deflate for at least 10 seconds
l) Wait for beep to signal ready to move on
M) Turn the key to loff to lock position - most people would conclude the reset should be done at this point.

Notes:

When you now turn your key back on, the damn DIC is still whining after all your hard work. The trick is you have to actually drive the vehicle before the TPM reset is finalized. The programmer needs to be drawn and quartered on this fine mistake. The manual should at least note this requirement.

You don't have to touch the spare other that make sure pressure is up before you start.

If you take more than 5 minutes, you have to start over with the ignition off. "

All I have to do is: check tire pressure in all 5 (cold) wheels (i wont get them off from the vehicle, unless i have to). quickly turn headlamps on and off 4 times. Go to left front tire etc. and deflate all of them (between i have to hear a beep sound of course) (from 30 psi? to for example 20 psi?) for least 10 seconds? (I will deflate) . Then Turn the key to loff to lock position and turn my key back on again? and drive the vehicle before the TPM reset is finalized (on 20 psi tire pressure) How I will know the TPM reset is finalized? When i come back i have to inflate them again or before I drive my H3? Sorry for my bad english and dumb description but you know how it is if you dont know language well. hail all patients people here :-)

Old 03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

This is one heck of a post..... er........novel?

Forget all that, you have your tire pressure set too low.
Put exactly 38psi in all four tires cold and your problem will go away. Spare does not matter.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:42 PM

Hello Thunderwolf,
30 psi are 2,0 bar, 38 (like Doc recommended) are 2,6 bar.

Greets from germany,

Jens

Old 03-24-2009, 06:30 PM

Doc I've try to describe my problem the best i could :-). Appreciate for your help guys, thnx very much. Hail Hummer lovers!