PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

SERIOUS OFF ROADER WANTED

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Default RE: SERIOUS OFF ROADER WANTED

got the rack and ladder through hummersolutions.com. give 'em a try, tell 'em shortbus sent ya.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:33 PM

sssswwwweeeeeeeetttt set up, Shortbus!

Old 11-03-2006, 08:38 PM

Cool, Hunner! 30 minutes is close -[8D] I'll see ya there - I've a got a white H3 myself - with a Smittybuilt roof basket/rack on it. Be great to meet up with 'ya. now, gotta get to packing the rig.....

Old 11-03-2006, 09:09 PM

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2469328/3

check this out.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: melvynray

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2469328/3

check this out.
Looks good

Old 11-04-2006, 12:21 PM

That is awsome [sm=jawdrop.gif], was there damage to the front end after jumping it?

Old 11-06-2006, 05:57 AM
JM

Hey it's not me!! I just don't have the guts to do that.
I found those photos on the NET.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:37 AM

Hi Everyone -

Hunner posted he "shoots a lot of pics" - that's an understatement! He had a guy with him - man, they shot a bunch.... I'll leave that to him - I'm sure he'll put up some good shots of the run this weekend to superlift park in Hot Springs, AR.

2 things stick out -

1. Superlift Park is all that was worth it - we had Fort Worth, Tx, Memphis, TN, and some from the MO line and OK with us...on top of the AR folks - I bet all would agree its awesome - it's billed as Nationwide caliber - I bet with some water, it would be really crazy - it was certainly as good as Moab and Colorado in my first hand experience....we ran 3's and 4's (5=max and crazy, buggy, helmet, roll-your-rig stuff) We went and watched some 5's in the afternoon - it was nuts and amazing at same time - lots of carnage.

2. H 3's are bad to the bone....almost to the point of being boring - if you are used to breaking stuff, worrying about rolling down side hills, lockers breaking, etc....all the stuff I worried about for 30 years of trails....you sit in A/C or Heat - listen to XM or CD, push the buttons for the 4 wheel low and locker - and just cruise along....skid plates do their job over rocks, down hill assist means you pull your feet off everything and putt down hills that give major pucker factor to everyone else with ya (like "free fall", a # 4 downhill, I heard after we went down

I have to admit - for pure wheeling ability - H3's really rock - every other rig, other than Hunner and myself in our 3's - were highly modified....in the beginning it was "those hummers still with us?" on the CB....at the end of the morning run - with others broken, it was "hey, get the Hummer guy to join us- if we break, he can carry us back out".... [8D]

ps. I am going to build up that '88 sammy - I just miss open top wheeling....and maybe some breaking -lol!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:43 AM

JM it's not that you do not have the "guts" to do it. It's that your too smart to do it.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the hookup shorty! Definitely going to look in to this, looks too nice!

Quick Reply: SERIOUS OFF ROADER WANTED