PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Seeking opinions on H3 adventure package

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Default RE: Seeking opinions on H3 adventure package

I test drove the Adv. package and the basic one before purchasing. I weighed how much I would really need the lockers and bigger tires. The Adv. tires make more road noise than the base models and they get a little less MPG.

For me, the base was fine, sure it'd be nice to have it but I really have little spare time for off roading and living in Dallas there isn't anything nearby that I could even use the lockers and lower gears to my benefit.

Having said that, I'm headed to Moab in May, an Adv. package would be really nice for the week there but the truth is I can run plenty of trails with my stock gears and wheels. I travel a lot during the week and typically home on the weekends so the wifey uses it for her road running.

If I lived in the mountains where I could get more use out of it I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. A reality check made me opt for the regular version.

I figure if I want to later I can put some 33's on it and it would pull just fine through the trails. I doubt I'll ever take my Hummer on anything that would require lockers.

I have to admit the bigger tires look damn sweet...

Old 01-05-2009, 03:03 PM

I just bought an 06 H3..

I got the automatic, luxury package and it has the differential locker on the dash board. My question is: How can I know if I have the 4:1 transfer case?

Old 01-05-2009, 04:49 PM

The salesman probibly wants to sell you an H3 he has in stock rather than order one for you. I have an H3 Lux/Adv package and I love it. Not sorry one bit. The truck ride is very quiet something I was very surprised about. Get the off-road package don't settle for less you won't be sorry!!!!

Mark

Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 PM

I'm looking at used H3s, and I seriously doubt these salesmen at random non-hummer dealership have a clue which package the vehicles are. I know some of them are badged, but other than that, is there a way to tell which models/packages are which?